Hi there,
    I currently have a Blackberry Bold with Rogers and I will be going to the States for 6 days. I text, bbm, facebook and GPS a lot and I know this will be considered roaming. I wanted to ask what I should do when it comes to my data plan so I don't get enormous roaming charges. I wanted to ask here first before I called Rogers myself. Thanks in advance!
    08-17-09 04:45 AM
    well if you choose not to do all of that stuff on your trip, turn data to "off while roaming". if you can't use wifi for all of this, then i think you'll have to buy a plan for international data, which are still pretty expensive.
    08-17-09 05:28 AM
    Man... your going to get screwed with ENORMOUS charges! I recommend turning on the "data off when roaming" so you don't get charged like crazy.

Rogers has a costly international plan which is pretty pointless since you'll be back in 6 days.

All I recommend is WiFi whenever you can, and only use BBM because it uses the least amount of data. GPS will really nail you. Trust me...
    08-17-09 06:05 AM
    How do you turn "data off while roaming"?
    08-17-09 06:35 AM
    How do you turn "data off while roaming"?
    Options > Mobile Network > Data Services > Off When Roaming

Or you could just turn the radio/Mobile Network off, which would ensure you only use wifi.
    08-17-09 07:40 AM
    Or just buy an international data plan for one month. That's what I did when I went on vacation. Cost me an additional $30 but totally worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:51 AM
    Or just buy an international data plan for one month. That's what I did when I went on vacation. Cost me an additional $30 but totally worth it

08-17-09 08:52 AM
    I guess theres no way around it. Does MSN use alot of data?
    08-17-09 11:27 AM
    Get a international data plan thats what I have cause i go to the state and roaming is enormous dont recomended

08-17-09 11:34 AM
    international data plan is your best option.
    08-17-09 05:58 PM
    Does MSN Messenger take up a lot of data?
    08-19-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD