I have read mixed results on the Trapster app. Has anyone tried it?
    07-29-09 11:43 AM
    I have it and have used it several times, but it's not very reliable cuz it says there are cops where I know there aren't.
    07-29-09 11:46 AM
    I use it regularly, and my mom has it on her iPhone. Not the most useful if no one else in your area uses it, but the way I see it is that the more active I am the more useful others will find it and be more open to using it.

The thing to remember is that it isn't going to find every cop and keep you from getting tickets all the time, but it's fun, similar to listening to police scanners (will plug BBScanner here...).

I enjoy it, haven't had any problems with it, and would recommend others give it a shot for a few weeks.

Just make sure you have a car charger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:47 AM
    I use it every time I drive it and like it a lot.

It does give a lot of alerts, but you have to know what each alert is--many of the alerts that pop up are "Known Hiding Places" so most of the time there's no cops in those spots.

I view this app as a fun way to use my bb--NOT as a way to save myself from tickets. I already know where all the local hiding spots for cops are, so that part I don't need. I do however, like being able to tell others when I do see a cop (I used to text message my friends).

It's free, give it a try. If you expect it to save you from a ticket, you'll probably be let down at some point--but the same can be said of a radar detector too.

I'm trying to get a lot of other people in my area to sign up, cause the more the better the accuracy!
    07-29-09 11:51 AM
    I have never had a problem with it. I don't use it much as in DC area there are so many red light camera and speed camera that the app is just going off all the time, even if I reduce the range down to the minimum. But that is not an issue with the app. And like other say if people don't update it, then it won't be of any use in your area.
    07-29-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD