I am currently on rogers with the Xperia X10 (aka Piece of Crap) and I'm thinking about getting the new bold 9900. I am currently a year and a half into my plan (3 year plan) and was wondering If I would have to pay the cancellation chargers for the X10 or can I tell the Rogers employees that I want to keep the same data/voice plan as my x10 and just pay for the new Bold 9900 device. I really don't feel like paying $400 according to Rogers to end my contract.
    08-21-11 08:06 AM
    I don't know about Rogers but with sprint I don't have to finish my entire contract before i get a new phone. I know that I have to pay more for the phone but don't have to pay my contract off just to get a new phone. Hope it works out for you.
    08-21-11 09:13 AM
    This is interesting. I just found out that Telus in Canada has a new program with regard to getting out of your contract. Basically, if you bought your previous handset at a discount on contract, you will pay off a portion of the device balance with each phone bill. i.e. if you bought a Bold 9900 for $149.99 on 3 year agreement, a portion of your monthly bill ($15) goes to pay the $480 balance for the cost of the device. If you want out of your contract, you just pay the balance you owe on the handset and you're out!

So, after 2 years I will owe $120 on the Bold. I could pay the $120 and be contract free, and buy a new discounted handset if I wanted.

A lot better system than the way Canadian carriers used to do things.

Maybe Rogers has a similar program now?
    08-21-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD