I porting to Tmo and am getting a 8900. What about all my programs on the Bold... Do I have to repurchase the ones that dont have a serial #? The ones that do have a serial #, they would automatically just work once the serial # is put in?

Can I run Desktop Manager with a Bold backup onto the 8900 and transfer everything, programs and all onto the 8900 or should I just start fresh?

BB Messenger - I would have to re-add everyone or would they transfer from a Bold backup
    06-25-09 12:46 PM
    What are you talking about?

Just unlock your bold--why the need for a T-Mobile phone?

Your 9000 backup will work fine on your 8900... just not any device-specific stuff like themes, etc.
    06-25-09 12:52 PM
    The best solution actually is get that T-mo curve at contract price and just turn around and sell it. Keep your unlocked bold.
    06-25-09 12:53 PM
    Reason why I rather use the 8900 is because of its UMA. I will save alot of money by switching to T-mo and using UMA at home. Around 50 bucks a month. Perhaps more if I see that im using less minutes due to UMA and MyFavs...I went to billshrink.com and after it analyzed my wireless bill, I noticed 49% of my calls are to the same five people. In 3 months time, my ETF fee to AT&T would be covered.

Plus - i have been testing a T-mo prepaid sim in my Bold this week and T-mo call quality soooo much better than AT&T's here in NYC. Tmo is clearer and sharper. AT&T is more muffled and has background fuzz.
    Last edited by JD76; 06-25-09 at 02:21 PM.
    06-25-09 02:18 PM
    I was in NYC yesterday, and sadly I'm ashamed to say the service was sketchy at best. I live in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa and the service here is waaaay better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD