Hi There,

Can anyone help please, I get the above error message when trying to send music from my laptop or other mobile device to my BB Bold 9700, I have stax of memory so thats not the problem, the bizarre thing is that I have done this before but it doesnt seem to allow me to do it now.

A few days ago all my music and photos that I had on my mobi just disappeared, so hence trying to put my music back on and it wont let me.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

05-25-10 07:28 PM
    Load the file to the microSD card by USB PC>phone using mass storage.
    One way to do this is to get a mini converter microSD>USB then you avoid going through the phone.
    05-25-10 09:02 PM
    Many RIM products put a cap on the file size that you can download. My 8530 Curve has a cap of (I believe) 2.3 megs. Your device may have a similar cap which will in turn prevent you from transferring files OTA larger than that cap. You'll have to use the direct approach by taking out your media card and inserting it into some kind of card reader and going peer-to-drive from your computer to your memory card. Hope this helps, mate.
    05-25-10 09:15 PM
    If you are using Mass Storage to send to your BB it shouldn't be a problem. Check and make sure you have enough space. If you are trying to do this OTA the previous poster is right. There are some file size limiations. What i have found will correct that is if you set it to the HotSpot browser. For some reason it could care less how big the download is. Just make sure you are on WiFi The phone can certainly handle large files though. I have some 900mb movies on mine.
    05-26-10 09:02 AM
    Thanks for your responses and sorry to sound thick but Im not very technical and dont really know how to do anything you have suggested sorry :-(

I have gone to options, memory, and it staes the following

Compression - Enabled
    Media Card Support On
    Mass Storage Mode Support On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected YES

Do I need to change any of these settings or is there other settings I need to change

Thanks very much again
    Lisa x
    05-26-10 05:04 PM
    Sorry forgot to mention I have 120.1MB Freespace Application Memory
    05-26-10 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD