so i have decided to use and update the same OS as my service provider and did the same procedure to wipe then update.

But the problem is i can't send an email from my bold 9900 and i doubt i can receive some either. The above message keeps showing up every time i try to send something. So is there anyway to fix it? or should it wipe again?

Thank you.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using WonderLand
    05-09-12 06:41 PM
    Have you tried resending service books and registering the device under "host routing table"?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 06:57 PM
    sorry i have no idea how to do that. can you explain please? its my first bb.

05-09-12 07:49 PM
    Options/Device/Advanced System Setting/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now. That should do it. If you log into BB ID it will popup all of your email accounts as well. Then just add the passwords for each account. RIM was thinking when they created this option. Keep us posted.
    05-09-12 07:55 PM
    sure. are you on os7?

if so, type in "host routing table" into the universal search (it is under options), and click on it. then press your blackberry key (menu button to the left of your trackpad), and select "register now". you will get a text saying your device has been registered with the network

now, go into your email accounts under the setup menu (type "setup" into your universal search). now click on "internet mail account". now you should see all of your email accounts listed there. click the menu key and select send service books. should be good to go

05-09-12 07:57 PM
    i have done the first step to receive the message 'your device has been registered with the wireless network' ... but the problem is when i go to email accounts under setup it wont open. i can open any option but not the 'email accounts' choice.

im using OS7.1... does that mean i have an error on my os and need to reinstall it?

Last edited by JoZ89; 05-09-12 at 08:14 PM.
    05-09-12 08:10 PM
    no im thinking maybe your email accounts arent on the phone at all. Ive never had this happen because i always back up and restore with dm so they are always there and all i do is log in.

05-09-12 08:27 PM
    If you log into BB ID it will popup all of your email accounts as well. Then just add the passwords for each account. RIM was thinking when they created this option. Keep us posted.

try this

05-09-12 08:29 PM
    tried going into the BB ID my email is not there. I can see emails when i click on email but it just wont receive any more, as if i need to set all up again or maybe do password again. i just cant go into setup ----> email account (wont open). hmm..
    05-09-12 08:50 PM
    yea that is weird
    05-09-12 09:02 PM
    And you know whats funny? The problem sounds like the service books! Old emails are there... just cant send or receive new ones: service books! Have you tried sending service books from your carrier's website? Not familiar with vodaphone
    05-09-12 09:03 PM
    hmm i will just re install the OS. Emailing is one of the reasons why i got a bb. hopefully that will fix the issue.
    05-09-12 09:08 PM
    yea can't have a bb with no email. thts where they shine!
    05-09-12 09:16 PM
    tried going into the BB ID my email is not there. I can see emails when i click on email but it just wont receive any more, as if i need to set all up again or maybe do password again. i just cant go into setup ----> email account (wont open). hmm..
    After you login it should popup all your accounts.
    05-09-12 09:24 PM
    Did you do a batt pull after the install?
    05-09-12 09:26 PM
    Did you do a batt pull after the install?
    yah thats done. o dear.. this is giving me headache :/... reinstalled OS and still same issue...
    05-09-12 09:49 PM
    sorry. i honestly dont know what to tell you. these arent work email servers right? because thats bes and needs to be setup by your company.

05-09-12 09:56 PM
    sorry. i honestly dont know what to tell you. these arent work email servers right? because thats bes and needs to be setup by your company.

nop. is there anyway to restore everything into the factory status?
    05-10-12 03:02 AM
    FINALLY - I tired again to wipe and reinstall a different OS and it's working fine. Thanks for all the help ..
    05-10-12 03:37 AM
    good. i hope this experienced hasnt made u regret your decision. thank you for choosing blackberry... enjoy. lol

05-10-12 09:55 AM
    good. i hope this experienced hasnt made u regret your decision. thank you for choosing blackberry... enjoy. lol

haha thanks buddy...
    one last question, anyway to improve pictures when sent through bbm? the pictures i send become blurry .. but when i use whatsapp they are clear as the quality taken with. i use bbm 6.2.0.44 not sure if thats normal? or im i using the old bbm version..? thanks again!
    05-10-12 02:38 PM
    ive never noticed the difference. the only thing i can think of is bbm makes you choose the resolution u want to send a picture in. maybe mess around with that?

05-10-12 02:49 PM
    ive never noticed the difference. the only thing i can think of is bbm makes you choose the resolution u want to send a picture in. maybe mess around with that?

the amount of crap i have to deal with lol... i use my nikon and send pics to my phone but when i send them through bbm they get them blurry.. yah i will try and mess with it ... cant be worse than the hotmail problem lol..
    05-10-12 03:01 PM
    Hi all! i am experiencing the same problem where i go into options and i cannot open email accounts. this happen when i wipe my phone and sign in to bb world. If i didnt sign in to bb world, i can enter the email accounts tab but it takes forever to activate the email account that i want and eventually says 'fail'. Please assist! So not used to using a bb without the email functions!
    07-29-13 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD