Hi everyone. Last week I installed OS6 onto my 9700. It worked fine up until last night the trackpad stopped working completely (no scroll or enter). I plugged it back in to my pc and downgraded back to 5. The trackpad enter funtion then worked, but still no scroll function.

I have battery pulled lots of times, tried the pushing the plate under the sim.

It worked for around 20 minutes earlier today, but stopped briefly after.

I also plugged it back into the pc and opened blackberry desktop software. It said OS6 was available for an update, so I updated it. Still not working.

I am now in the process of taking it back to 5 AGAIN!

Has anyone got any other solutions? Greatly appreciated as I really need my phone at the moment.

Thanks
    03-15-11 09:17 AM
    it might just be your trackpad. how old is your phone? the trackpad might just be dirty. if so, disassemble your phone and clean it with a q-tip. if it's still not working you might need a replacement.

if you need to replace it there are trackpads for around $3 on true supplier and rush shipping is available.
    03-15-11 02:25 PM
    Don't take it aopart, you will void the warranty. Take it back and when you get the replacement, test it out in the store for a while before leaving and if it stops working, they have a bad batch of trackpads that are in their blackberries. See if you have an upgrade to a new blackberry on your plan if possible, such as a 9780. Same thing, double the memory. Not saying you should, but good as a suggestion. Do you know of any others that had the same problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 07:22 PM
    yea i had a bad trackpad in my 9700, it scrolled very choppy and was clicking on its own. i replaced it for cheap by myself. as stated, if you are within warranty, have it replaced for free. if not, then replacing it by yourself it cheap and easy.
    03-16-11 12:14 AM
    Its a 9700 hardware issue. There's a little spot on the board that presses on the trackpad stopping it from working. Get it replaced or take it to a cell repair shop. Its pretty easy to fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 01:55 AM
    Its a 9700 hardware issue. There's a little spot on the board that presses on the trackpad stopping it from working. Get it replaced or take it to a cell repair shop. Its pretty easy to fix.
    I am experiencing this issue and have had the phone apart several times looking for the issue. Can you please elaborate where the issue is?

Thanks
    04-20-11 09:50 AM
    I don't think it's the trackpad dome (little spot that presses). If it were it, the scrolling would still have worked. It's more likely bad trackpad to me.
    04-20-11 10:06 PM
    I am having this problem also. I tried the pressing the metal plate under he sim and it worked!!! and I was so excited that I paid for a month of internet (I don't have a contract) and then the same day it stopped working again.
    I downgraded and then upgraded and did it again with no joy and I tried the battery pull and then pushing the plate again and nothing and to top it all off I have the agreement stuck on the page and I cant even get into the phone (cause you can do some functions with the keys). I'm so frustrated!!!!
    Oh and did I mention that I changed the trackpad also ... so either its nothing to do with that or I got 2 falty trackpads!
    Please help meeeeeeee, I need my phone!
    04-20-12 12:08 AM
    hii i m using bb bold 4 i m havng different kind of issue with trackpad its working fyn but if i select any menu its not working inside that
    06-06-13 11:44 PM
    hii i m using bb bold 4 i m havng different kind of issue with trackpad its working fyn but if i select any menu its not working inside that
    Silly question, but did you try loading clean without restoring a backup?
    06-06-13 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD