hello, I have onyx. When I press the trackpad it does not have a "click" sound though it works. Is that normal?

Anyone experianced this behaviour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 05:37 PM
    I had this problem with my last Onyx. Had to get t-mobile to send me a replacement phone.
    07-06-10 06:16 PM
    Click, Menu > Options > Screen/Keyboard > Scroll down to trackpad and choose Audible Roll: Click.

easy.
    07-06-10 07:50 PM
    Click, Menu > Options > Screen/Keyboard > Scroll down to trackpad and choose Audible Roll: Click.

easy.
    yes sir! And I feel bad for the guy that took his phone back for a replacement.
    07-06-10 08:15 PM

easy.
    im 99.999999999% sure he meant a physical "click" like it should when new. mine just started doing this as well. kinda sucks but it works fine. if it gets worse, ill buy a new trackpad...

BlackBerry Bold 9700 OEM trackpad
    07-07-10 02:35 AM
    im 99.999999999% sure he meant a physical "click" like it should when new. mine just started doing this as well. kinda sucks but it works fine. if it gets worse, ill buy a new trackpad...

BlackBerry Bold 9700 OEM trackpad
    +1 for me . . I'm 99.99999999999999999% sure he meant a physical click

A new trackpad should solve it as stated above
    07-07-10 02:48 AM
    I have the same problem, however I think it's an OS issue. When I select an audible click the unit will arbitrarily turn it off. Only a reboot will turn it back on. This happened with my original OS and the ATT update OS. Aggravating . . . but oh well.
    07-07-10 09:31 AM
    Had this issue. It will only get worse, to the extent that the trackpad will press even when you're trying to scroll. Annoying.

Replacement trackpad for low cost = success
    07-07-10 06:36 PM
    Yes I mean physical click. I just knew my problem when I bougt a new onyx for my wife, it gives a perfect click. So I guess it is considered as a defect trackpad.

07-08-10 05:53 PM
    just restart u phone like when u remove an apps..

well that work for me
    07-08-10 09:56 PM
    just restart u phone like when u remove an apps..

well that work for me
    Like I said before, the problem is that my physical trackpad won't "click" when you press.

07-09-10 12:01 AM
    Like I said before, the problem is that my physical trackpad won't "click" when you press.

if you can live with it, that's fine . . .

if not, get a new trackpad
    OR
    if your BB is new, take it to them to check it and they might change the trackpad themselves or replace your device
    07-09-10 01:16 AM
    Thanks. I think I can live with it. Mine is less than 1 year old.

07-09-10 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD