Hey folks! My trackpad scrolls fine on the homescreen. My huge problem is that when I hit the BB button to go to the next screen my trackpad freezes for about 2 minutes or more before it starts scrolling. Is this a hardware issue? Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 09:16 AM
    Have you rebooted the device at all? It could be a software glitch that can reset after a Battery Pull.

06-27-10 09:36 AM
    I've noticed this as well ... However not for 2mins. It's only for a few seconds. It takes a few swipes for it to start moving. At first I though my finger was too rough and the sensor didn't track it. But I have the audible click set up and I can hear the click as my finger is moving. Seriously. I had nothing but issues with the tour for trackball problems. This is alreadt by 2nd bold ... And it's a trackpad issue. I'm really hoping this is software related.

06-27-10 09:36 AM
    I've pulled battery twice with the same issue returning. I hope an OS update comes soon to fix this. How do you set up audible scroll?

06-27-10 09:55 AM
    A 2 minute freeze is outrageous. Don't even bother waiting for an OS update, just get your phone replaced.
    06-27-10 10:07 AM
    I too have noticed this, but only intermittently, and never for 2 minutes. Any suggestion's beside's a reboot? That's been done. Problem seem's most prevalent in App World. Yes, I did download the newest .135
    06-27-10 10:44 AM
    The thing is that this is my 2nd Bold and I'm fed up with this $%&@!!! Battery pulls don't fix it. I'm running out of patience here. May just get Droid X on July 15.
    06-27-10 11:40 AM
    Hey folks! My trackpad scrolls fine on the homescreen. My huge problem is that when I hit the BB button to go to the next screen my trackpad freezes for about 2 minutes or more before it starts scrolling. Is this a hardware issue? Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Sounds like a trackpad or BB Menu button issue, but could be software related? Sometimes completely wiping a device and re-installing the OS helps for some reason. Always do a new battery pull to completely re-set the system software after installing any new OS, app or theme of course. I would call tech support and see if they can help or send a new unit that works correctly unless you intend to return it for another phone anyway, then don't do it or they may charge you for at least a re-stocking fee or something like that.

Set the Audible Roll by going to Tools>Screen/Keyboard and scroll down to Trackpad and you can set the audible roll to "click" as well as adjust the trackpad sensitivity there. I do not think you can hear the audible roll unless you are using a headset or BT though, however I never used it.
    06-27-10 12:02 PM
    Thx for the info! Wiping and re-installing .732 now.

06-27-10 12:08 PM
    Yeah, I dont think mine does it when going to the menu, but I get a tiny lag when texting and I need to go back to correct a word. Ive chalked it up the the OS and I'm betting a hybrid will clear that right up.
    06-27-10 12:22 PM
    I wiped my device, re-installed base OS .732, restored contacts and BBM info and manually re-installed apps instead of from back-up...same issue arises still from time to time even on various menu screens. A hybrid is my next move.
    06-27-10 05:44 PM
    Reinstall your OS without any add-on apps and see if the issue remains.

I suspect that it is some app that doesn't play well with others.

If that resolves the issue then add programs individually, rebooting the phone between installs.

Install the apps that others have reported as "glitch free" first. I'll bet you'll find an app that is causing the delay - although I think that you used "two minutes" to indicate a "long de;lay" and not actually two minutes.
    06-27-10 09:11 PM
    Reinstall your OS without any add-on apps and see if the issue remains. I suspect that it is some app that doesn't play well with others. If that resolves the issue then add programs individually, rebooting the phone between installs. Install the apps that others have reported as "glitch free" first. I'll bet you'll find an app that is causing the delay - although I think that you used "two minutes" to indicate a "long de;lay" and not actually two minutes.
    Yeah, I agree with this and prolly should have suggested it when I suggested the OS wipe and re-install. Do not install any 3rd party apps or themes and see what happens.
    06-27-10 09:19 PM
    The OS seems to settling in ok now. So far I notice the trackpad not scrolling at times when it's on the charger. I take it off the charger and it starts to scroll about 2 seconds later or so. Very weird...
    06-28-10 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD