Today I started getting this problem. Sometimes when i click on the trackpad it will double click or triple click.
    It happens about 20% of the time.
    Anyone know if this is a hardware problem or software problem or how to fix?
    Thanks
    08-18-11 01:23 PM
    well you could try by reloading the OS.

if not trackpads are inexpensive and easy to replace
    08-18-11 01:25 PM
    well you could try by reloading the OS.

if not trackpads are inexpensive and easy to replace
    Thanks, I will try reloading my OS tonight. Actually, I guess it is a good opportunity to load the new OS .615

Any suggestions on where to buy a legit replacement trackpad?
    08-18-11 09:16 PM
    That does kinda sound like a hardware issue... but of course, always try an OS reload to be sure.
    08-18-11 09:59 PM
    Use Apploader to update to a later OS, or to reload it.

I still strongly suggest getting a warranty repair done instead of voiding it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 02:52 PM
    It is already a few months past its 1 year warranty date, so I have nothing to lose in replacing the trackpad myself.
    08-19-11 09:02 PM
    Same thing happened to me since I upload official OS 6 from AT&T.

However, now it seems as if I've "learned" how to press the trackpad correctly to "not" double click. It only took me 3 weeks.
    08-19-11 09:40 PM
    Today I started getting this problem. Sometimes when i click on the trackpad it will double click or triple click.
    It happens about 20% of the time.
    Anyone know if this is a hardware problem or software problem or how to fix?
    Thanks
    I had this problem before. The dome under the trackpad cause this problem. It is better you change it at the repair shop. It isn't software problem. This problem sometimes also happens with the keyboard. When some keys always too sensitive (double clicking or triple), and again after changing the white sheet under the keyboard the problem solved.
    One important thing there are some people selling these bb parts that has 2nd quality. This will not solve the problem. So make sure to find the best or original parts and ask the repair shop to replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TubbyPoutine likes this.
    08-21-11 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD