Hi all,

I bought my Bold from the US (AT&T) and brought it back to Sydney, Australia and have a few questions that someone may know the answers to.

Apologies if these questions have been raised before:
    1. How do you know/check if a Bold's warranty has expired?
    Is there a site to go to?
    Do I use the PIN as a reference?
    If expired, does it mean that I can start dismantling the phone?

2. The trackball on my bold does not 'click' anymore.
    Does this mean that I have to get a new trackball? or can this be fixed by opening up the phone and do a little bit of 'surgery'?
    is there an actual 'BOLD' video tutorial to open the phone?

Appreciate the help guys!

Quack-0
    08-02-09 10:59 PM
    1. I am not sure, call your carrier (assuming it is not an unlocked phone on a diff carrier) and ask using phone specifics.

2. Video on dissassembly of the Bold 9000 can be found at: Here
    Last edited by SummersLastNight; 08-02-09 at 11:24 PM.
    08-02-09 11:22 PM
    warranty lasts for 1 year from original purchase. assuming you bought it second hand you need to find out when the original owner bought it. if it's brand new from a mobile phone shop then you have 1 year from your purchase date
    08-02-09 11:45 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

The Bold has been unlocked to work here in Australia. So, does this mean that its out of AT&T warranty? or can I still check with AT&T on the warranty?

Sorry, not familiar with that carrier as a family of mine bought this for me in US.

What about the Trackball question? Anyone knows if it still can be fixed?? or do I have to get a new trackball?

Quack-0
    08-03-09 12:29 AM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

The Bold has been unlocked to work here in Australia. So, does this mean that its out of AT&T warranty? or can I still check with AT&T on the warranty?

Sorry, not familiar with that carrier as a family of mine bought this for me in US.

What about the Trackball question? Anyone knows if it still can be fixed?? or do I have to get a new trackball?

Quack-0
    no its not out of warranty if its unlocked...also with the trackball it should be able to be fixed...but you will void your warranty if you do...there is a lil white dot on one of the screws...if you are VERY CAREFUL in removing and putting it back on you should be ok, but if you dammage the sticker and try to put it back on, ATT/RIM will probably know you disassembled it...i did that when putting on the new bezel i bought...
    Last edited by rabbivj; 08-03-09 at 12:33 AM.
    08-03-09 12:31 AM
    It needs to be active on an AT&T account (the one it was purchased with) or else you're pretty much out of luck.
    08-03-09 12:35 AM
    It needs to be active on an AT&T account (the one it was purchased with) or else you're pretty much out of luck.
    this must just be an american thing. You're trying to say that a phone purchased outright has no warranty whatsoever?
    08-03-09 01:41 AM
    this must just be an american thing. You're trying to say that a phone purchased outright has no warranty whatsoever?
    If it's no longer active on AT&T then they won't handle the warranty for you. RIM could though. But good luck getting ahold of them for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD