Hi Guys, I got my first ever blackberry, a bold from vodafone last week. After three days the trackball wouldn't scroll left. They are now replacing it with a new one. I have read on here that the issue could be dirt and grime on the sensor. But now im really paranoid my next one will do the same thing. Is this usual for a new blackberry? I don't really want to take the next one apart to clean, voiding the warrenty if it happens again. Any tips on how to avoid this happening again?
    07-13-09 05:52 AM
    just keep your fingers clean and take care of the berry :-)
    07-13-09 06:11 AM
    just keep your fingers clean and take care of the berry :-)
    I think i will get OCD about cleaning my hands, might start wearing surgical gloves while handling the phone
    07-13-09 06:37 AM
    I think i will get OCD about cleaning my hands, might start wearing surgical gloves while handling the phone
    07-13-09 06:38 AM
    i think its quite common for BB with trackball for it to get stuck,

just clean it every few months, that would do the trick

or you can wait for Blackberry Onyx or Gemini

they do have the trackpad, so there wont be anymore issue with the trackball
    07-13-09 09:11 AM
    Will see what my new one is like and if it happens again, will just have to clean it. 100% loved the phone apart from that.
    07-13-09 09:15 AM
    Will see what my new one is like and if it happens again, will just have to clean it. 100% loved the phone apart from that.
    meee to love them my problem is the Pearl 8130 doesn't have the multi colour track ball so i have painted mine sharpie blue but after 2-3 weeks it fades due to scrolling lots lol but no matter what you have to wash hands ive learned harsh lessons about gumming up the keys and trackball try using phone while fishing lol
    07-13-09 09:56 AM
    Taking it apart isn't hard at all . It will take you 5 minutes and trackballs only cost $5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD