My Blackberry Bold was working fine one day then i came to pick it up some hours later and found out that the keypad was a mess. I sent it off and have been informed that there is a liquid substance behind the keypad so when the trackball is clicked it just doesn't respond whatsoever, as clicking the trackball is the key button on the phone its pretty impossible to do anything on it. The rest of the buttons are working pretty much just pressing in the trackball.

o2 refuses to give me or sort me out a new one so thats why im posting up on here, help needed asap .
    06-02-09 04:10 PM
    When you talked to O2, did you tell them that you sent it out and a liquid substance was found behind the keypad?

You shouldn't have said that. Now they know that you opened the phone and voided the warranty so that's why they didn't offer you the warranty exchange.

You could always find keypads and trackballs at cnn.cn but it does take forever to ship since parts are shipped from Hong Kong.
    06-02-09 04:13 PM
    No you misunderstand me sorry, i sent the phone away with o2, and then they sent me the phone back direct from blackberry, and said that they found a liquid substance in behind the keypad. They also said that the warranty was voided due to that.
    Then theres been a mess up with my insurance, so they wont give me another phone to replace it. I dont have �400 for a new Blackberry, whats the time frame for sending off for parts and how easy is it to fix?
    06-02-09 04:22 PM
    No you misunderstand me sorry, i sent the phone away with o2, and then they sent me the phone back direct from blackberry, and said that they found a liquid substance in behind the keypad. They also said that the warranty was voided due to that.
    Then theres been a mess up with my insurance, so they wont give me another phone to replace it. I dont have �400 for a new Blackberry, whats the time frame for sending off for parts and how easy is it to fix?
    I see what you mean now.

As far as the parts getting to you, there have been all kinds of happy customers on here who receive them within weeks believe it or not.

I've never opened my phone, but plenty of people on here have. There are videos and such on YouTube that will show you step by step how to replace those parts once you have new ones available.
    06-02-09 04:26 PM
    Thanks a lot mate. Is there no way of sorting this sort of a problem would you know, without having to send away for anything?
    06-02-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD