I've been running into a problem for the past month or so that started out every once in a while but now due to putting it off till it became a real problem, well now i have a real problem.

It started out that when i would try to scroll the trackball to the right, it wouldnt move over to the icons i was trying to get to. The first few times i just gave the phone a few seconds and it worked. Then giving it a few seconds stopped working, and I started scraping any dirt on the trackball off. I work as a full time maintenance mechanic and my main hobby is working on cars so I get alot more dirt and grease on my fingers than many other people, so i figured maybe this was the problem.

Starting yesterday, scrapining off whatever grime was on the trackball stopped working, and now I can't scroll left either. However, I can still scroll up and down. The ball will physically move wherever i make it move, but it seems like the phone isn't recognizing it unless its up or down.

Anyone have any insight on this? I was thinking of buying a new trackball but I have no idea if that could fix the problem or if it's probably something more internal. If i do need a new trackball, what is the best place to get one in terms of good prices and speedy delivery, and also, is there a writeup on disassembling these things? Thanks
    06-17-09 02:03 PM
    search the threads about trakball problems ,there are plenty
    06-17-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD