So it seems that my Bold likes to give me trouble by double clicking when I click the trackball sometimes. I've heard that this is a common issue with trackball BBs, so an obvious solution would be to replace the trackball. However, I'm not really trying to spend any money on this repair. Has anyone figured out a DIY way to fix this?

For example, when one of the speakers stopped working, I folded a piece of index card and put it under the back... problem solved. And when the trackball stopped tracking down I took it out and scored it with sand paper... problem solved. Hopefully this can be solved in a similar way.

--Thanks.
    07-29-11 06:40 PM
    You can also try to clean it maybe it will solve the problem.
    07-29-11 07:52 PM
    It's not the trackball. If you have a problem when scrolling then your trackball is the problem. In this case, the dome placed under the trackball is the problem. If you wanna fix this by yourself, you can go look for the spare part and replace it with a new one. The dome is similar to nokia power button dome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 08:56 AM
    It's not the trackball. If you have a problem when scrolling then your trackball is the problem. In this case, the dome placed under the trackball is the problem. If you wanna fix this by yourself, you can go look for the spare part and replace it with

a new one. The dome is similar to nokia power button dome.

Do you mean the contact on the circuit board or the spoon-looking thing on the bottom of the trackball assembly?

I also tried cleaning both parts of the clicking mechanism with rubbing alcohol, however I am still experiencing issues.

07-30-11 10:58 AM
    Try licking the trackball. It worked for me when my trackball quit scrolling to the right. But I have a new one on order just in case it goes out. They only cost about $5.00.
    07-31-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD