I have the new 9700, it used to work fine but now the trackball won't select anything while on the internet. I can surf the internet fine and move from website to website but when trying to click on anything on the page it doesn't let me. The ablility to select on any other part of the phones options other than internet work just fine. It literally happened overnight. Did I press something by accident? Any suggestions? Please help!
    01-02-10 12:21 AM
    Have you performed a Battery Pull yet? Also, there have been reports of some 3rd party themes causing trackpad problems.

With the power on, pull battery from your device, wait 30 seconds, reinstall. Let it reboot and see if that has cleared the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 02:04 AM
    thats because the 9700 doesn't have a trackball .. on a serious note, it seems like the 9700 needs constant reboots, best to download the quickpull application and give it a reboot once a day
    01-02-10 02:11 AM
    Is QuickPull working for you? I tried to use the free version and it didn't work because of OS5. Then I bought the full QuickPull and it only worked one day. I ended up having to remove it.
    As far as reboots, I haven't had to reboot - my memory has been holding steady at around 112. I have practiced the ctrl+alt+del because coming from the 9000 I was afraid of memory leaks, but with the 9700 that hasn't been an issue.
    Maybe there is an app that is hung up somewhere that is making you do battery pulls?
    01-02-10 04:04 AM
    Is QuickPull working for you? I tried to use the free version and it didn't work because the 9700 is on OS5. Then I bought the full QuickPull and it only worked one day. I ended up having to remove it.
    As far as reboots, I haven't had to reboot - my memory has been holding steady at around 112. I have practiced the ctrl+alt+del because coming from the 9000 I was afraid of memory leaks, but with the 9700 that hasn't been an issue.
    Maybe there is an app that is hung up somewhere that is making you do battery pulls?
    quickpull is working fine for me, bought the full version and works great!

im having to reboot as it goes quite slow once in a while for me

maybe its just me using the custom themes.
    01-02-10 04:06 AM
    aaawww, see?!?! that just chafes.....

I bought QuickPull and it worked fine one day and got hung up the next. Didn't work at all. I mean, it wasn't that expensive, but I really wanted my security blanket...

Yeah, I bought one theme from App World that slows it just very slightly, but it doesn't eat up additional memory.
    01-02-10 04:10 AM
    aaawww, see?!?! that just chafes.....

I bought QuickPull and it worked fine one day and got hung up the next. Didn't work at all. I mean, it wasn't that expensive, but I really wanted my security blanket...

Yeah, I bought one theme from App World that slows it just very slightly, but it doesn't eat up additional memory.
    i got the free ver off appworld, then entered in the activation code and works like a dream!
    01-02-10 04:20 AM
    hhhmmm...wonder if I should try again. I really need my security blanket....
    01-02-10 04:24 AM
    i use the free version of quickpull, works fine.

don't know why you would buy the full version
    01-02-10 06:15 AM
    Well, at the time that I got the 9700 there were some questions as to whether the free QuickPull version would work because of the new OS. I'd had it on my 9000 to help me deal with the memory leaks the phone was experiencing. So, I tried the free version and it didn't work.
    I read somewhere that the full version would work. I tried it once and I must have made an error because I just couldn't get it to load. It was probably something I didn't do right.
    A couple of weeks ago I went back to see if I could get the full version to work and it did, for one day. On the second day, when it was supposed to reboot, it gave me an error message - sorry, don't remember what it was - and the phone froze. I did a ctrl+alt+del and got the phone unfrozen but the app still didn't work. I tried deleting it but it still showed up in App World. So I deleted App World and that was how I managed to get rid of it. Haven't tried it again.

I wonder whether it didn't work because I had it on the pod and charging when it was scheduled to reset??????
    01-02-10 06:26 AM
    Pulling out the battery while it was on did the trick. I had tried turning it off then taking it out with no success. Thanks a million!
    01-02-10 11:07 AM
    happy it worked for you
    01-02-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD