I have only had a 8310 for 3 weeks, and the trackball is already sticking.

I have seen some tutorials on cleaning it, but it seems "tricky" to do without damage or losing parts !!!

I was planning on getting a Bold when available anyway, (not because of the trackball problem) ....

BUT ... it appears that the trackball mounting is different on the Bold.

Does anyone yet know if the cleaning method is any easier, (or heaven forbid worse/harder) on the Bold ???

Thanks
    09-08-08 01:20 AM
    The trackball is more recessed and the surrounding area is closer to the trackball...not a whole lot of room to get anything stuck in there or even really gum it up....so unless your eating cheetos and not wiping your hands off, the trackball seems like it will hold up better imo.
    09-08-08 01:48 AM
    I of course could be wrong, (and hope I am), ....

But it seems like that will not "feel" as good as the Curve does. (I truly do love to use the trackball.)

BUT .... the point is that it WILL (eventually) have to be cleaned.

So I still wonder if it is harder or easier to access ???
    09-08-08 02:54 AM
    You can use the space button to scroll down and the alt + space to scroll up.

I use both A LOT and I haven't had a problem yet.

Also, hit T to go top and B to go to bottom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 06:01 AM
    i just have cleaned mine with the below reference

*** ehh it wont let me post the link**** just search under How to remove and clean your trackball. there is a great spep by step guide

in the end though I did have t replace it as mine was too far gone. there are some good referrals for places that offer this. It was only 40.00 for the replacement. Just search the forums for referals

Graham
    09-08-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD