is the light for the trackball light sensitive?
    During the day the trackball is not lit up when texting or using the browser etc, although at night in the dark it lights up!
    I tested this just now in my room in the light and then under my bed covers and the trackball light came on...

How does it know its dark?? And is there a way to keep the light on ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:59 AM
    Yes the trackball is light sensitive the reson for this is the light sensor that's located the same place the status light is. There really is not a way to turn it off.
    is the light for the trackball light sensitive?
    During the day the trackball is not lit up when texting or using the browser etc, although at night in the dark it lights up!
    I tested this just now in my room in the light and then under my bed covers and the trackball light came on...

How does it know its dark?? And is there a way to keep the light on ??

07-23-09 05:05 AM
    There is a light sensor that regulates whether or not the keyboard and trackball light up. It's meant to help save the battery.

07-23-09 07:01 AM
    its magic
    07-23-09 08:33 AM
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Automatically dim backlight > Off

I bought a screen protector that is shaded, and it made it very difficult to see when the screen dimmed, but on 10% light, it's just perfect. Then set my backlight timeout to go quicker, hopefully offsetting the non-dimming backlight. We'll see today how quickly my battery goes.
    07-23-09 09:01 AM
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Automatically dim backlight > Off
    That's different. That's your screen backlight, and it applies when your in a dimly lit (not pitch black) room. The screen doesn't need to light up as bright in a darker room as it would outside in the sun.

While it would have an effect on the trackball brightness, I don't think it will make it stay on in all cases.

Last edited by BlackPooL; 07-23-09 at 11:40 AM.
    07-23-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD