hey guys, so my tour got submerged in water while fishing. insurance is sending me a bold on tuesday. last time my tour was backed up was when i updated to .732>>now when i get my bold can i go in and just connect it to DM and hit the switch device thingy and it will take care of the rest? also will i get my contacts and apps back? please help if you can. wanna clear this up so i know what to do on tuesday! thanks
    07-03-10 04:47 PM
    yes the DM will notice a newer version is avail and do it for you. Yes you will get your contacts, texts, emails back. I believe you only get your apps back if you set the DM to back them up previously and that will install them. If you didn't, you'll have to redownload them. You'll have to change your device PIN with the companies you purchased the apps from in order for them to transfer though.
    07-03-10 04:51 PM
    I would make sure the new device has the most current OS; and, if not, upgrade by downloading to your PC and install via DM. Then, I would backup the old device's data and apps using DM. Lastly, connect the old device to DM and run DSW. Upon completion, your new device should be a mirror of the old.

If you're unfamiliar with backing-up your apps using DM, do a search here in the forums for the procedure. It's very easy!
    07-03-10 06:08 PM
    You won't be doing the switch device "thingy" if you tour is not working. You will just restore from the last backup that you made. You will have to re download your apps.
    07-03-10 08:02 PM
    You won't be doing the switch device "thingy" if you tour is not working.
    Opps! I forgot the Tour drowned! Wasn't paying close attention! Well, let's pray it'll fire-up after it dries off. There have been stories of devices drying out after several days and working for a short while.
    07-03-10 08:37 PM
    thanks guys! how would i go about changing my pin with the companies?
    07-03-10 08:57 PM
    Did you get them from MobiHand or CrackBerry App Store? If so, log onto your account and on the left-hand side you'll see provisions to change device and PIN.
    07-03-10 10:33 PM
    from bb app world
    07-03-10 11:38 PM
    Then on the new device, you should log onto AppWorld and see if it will give you access to the files again with the new PIN. Otherwise, you might have to contact either appworld or the programmer/company and see about new versions for the new device. I was able to just get Shazam again when I went from Tour to Bold.
    07-04-10 10:25 AM
    i mean i only had a few apps like pandora and poynt, so when i get the bold coul i just uncheck those apps from getting reloaded on the device and just download them again?
    07-04-10 12:52 PM
    Poynt is free anyway so you dont need to worry. Not sure about pandora. Don't worry if they install twice.
    07-04-10 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD