Well after having trackball issues on a ebay tour that I already fixed once the second time didn't go well. I stripped a torx screw and I think I damaged the antenna. So it is time to use my upgrade to get a new phone.

My only real 2 choices are the Droid X and BB Bold 9650. I really do love the BB email even though I am not a professional ( i am in the trades) and the tour also held up to being in my pocket all day at work and never broke.
    The droid X seems to be a powerful device with great web browsing (something bb lacks right now). The downfall I can see right away is the touchscreen and the size I feel like the thing would snap in 2 in my pocket.

Have there been any tour like problems with the bold or has it been a overall solid device?
    any suggestions would be great.
    Last edited by joe917; 07-04-10 at 02:51 PM.
    07-04-10 02:47 PM
    One can only hope that the trackpad is a perfected system. Obviously, it cannot get dirty/greasy/gunky like a BALL. The phone is probably too new to make any other judgments about its long term survivability.

Just this morning, was playing with playlists on my Bold and the kitty demanded attention. Petted it and then back to the Bold. With the Tour, I always felt it was necessary to autoclave my fingers before rolling the trackball. Rim blew it when they moved the trackball entirely within the device, leading to breakdowns like yours trying to get to it through a bunch of screws and cabling.
    07-04-10 03:30 PM
    So far so good with my Bold, BUT I'm only 2 days in, but it seems VERY solid.
    07-04-10 03:44 PM
    One can only hope that the trackpad is a perfected system. Obviously, it cannot get dirty/greasy/gunky like a BALL. The phone is probably too new to make any other judgments about its long term survivability.

Just this morning, was playing with playlists on my Bold and the kitty demanded attention. Petted it and then back to the Bold. With the Tour, I always felt it was necessary to autoclave my fingers before rolling the trackball. Rim blew it when they moved the trackball entirely within the device, leading to breakdowns like yours trying to get to it through a bunch of screws and cabling.
    This was the downfall of my tour as my hands get really dirty throughout the day and I don't have the luxury of washing my hands before I use my phone all the time.
    07-04-10 04:11 PM
    I have had mine for a little more than two weeks. Love it. It is solid and works to perfection. I didn't think I would need WiFi, but am finding it very, very valuable. My Tour had BlueTooth problems. The Bold has no problems at all. I love he accuracy of the trackpad. I had no problems with my Tour, but it was never easy to use.
    07-04-10 04:12 PM
    I came from all touch screens and a wm tp2 and love the bold so far. I hate that i have to pay for items now though. But overall a very cool and reliable phone.
    07-04-10 06:46 PM
    I came from the Tour. I've had my Bold 9650 for almost a month. The device is solid. Love the 512mb of memory, trackpad is wonderful, I'm running .732 and overall the device is very snappy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD