Someone (me) left my phone on the hood of my car and it flew off onto the highway going 100km/hr...

The only thing wrong with the thing is some scratches on the bezel!!!
    Attachment 29806
    07-09-09 12:21 PM
    D@mn your lucky on that!!!!!!
    07-09-09 12:23 PM
    Nice! Last year I posted a thread about a co-worker of mine dropping his 8330 while he was in the elevator. The darn thing went right for the crack between the elevator door and the wall...fell 10 stories into the basement.

Scratches and dents and even a chipped screen. The battery was about 6 feet away. He replaced the battery and it powered up like normal!

I wouldn't of believed it if I didn't see it myself.
    07-09-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah my Bold has taken plenty of hard drops and the performance of the
    phone has never been affected.
    07-09-09 12:33 PM
    RIM has really mastered the durability part of the Blackberry, Could you imagine dropping an iPhone like that? It would be dead forever.
    07-09-09 12:36 PM
    same exact thing happened to me and my phones fine minus a few scuffs on the edges, i put a rubber case on it and it still looks brand new!!
    07-09-09 02:34 PM
    You just got lucky, that's all. (Happy for you) However if that were to land at a sharp angle or directly on the screen, you would have been looking at serious damage. Seems it landed on its bezel and flipped end over end without scrubbing the lcd on the asphalt. It is a pretty tough device though I'll have to admit.
    07-09-09 02:42 PM
    Yes very.
    I did have a thin rubber case on it, and I also have invisishield on the screen so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
    The case came off the top and that's the part that is scratched.

My brother did the same thing with his iPhone and it was smashed to heck
    07-09-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD