Has anyone else noticed that if you go to touch the bottom of the touch screen just above and around the track pad.. it does nothing for example... going to press one of your icons on the home screen say 2mm from the track pad..... but if you were to scroll downwards from the top say on webpage or something.... you can drag it to the bottom just fine?

im just thinking RIM have put this in so that when you are scrolling with the trackpad its so that you dont scroll the otherway by touching the screen?
    08-21-11 12:03 PM
    I thought it was a fault in mine, but what you say does make sense!
    08-21-11 12:05 PM
    Yeah i originally thought the touchscreen was a bit dodgy... but it makes sense what they have done.. if i go on a webpage and drag from the top.. it registers me moving it all the way to the bottom..
    08-21-11 12:31 PM
    I have the thing. Originally thought my touchscreen was acting wonky. I can't scroll down from the bottom middle (above trackpad). I can if I scroll down from the vertical middle, horizontal middle. I am able to scroll down from the right and left sides starting from the bottom.

I do see the logic in not registering first touches from that bottom middle spot because of the trackpad but it would be nice if it were an option. I find myself having to scroll down to select items in that location.
    08-21-11 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD