I decided to take the plunge and move up to the BOLD before my upgrade date. I can't wait to get home and set it up. Is it difficult to migrate from the Curve to the BOLD? Are there any special things that I need to know before I open the box? I am still in the office so it will have to wait until I get home.
    06-25-09 06:08 PM
    I made the switch with no difficulty at all, can't think of anything you really need to know in order to make the switch. Grats on the upgrade, enjoy your bold, I'm sure you'll love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:21 PM
    The curve is awesome but the bold is even more awesome cause it gives you a sense of "Readiness" when you pick it up. it's just ready to rock.
    06-25-09 06:29 PM
    Congrats on new Bold. You be amazed by speed difference. 3G much faster than edge, but battery life not as good. Screen much bigger and keyboard much better. If use switch device wizard on desktop manager you run in no problems.
    06-25-09 06:57 PM
    Welcome, the transition will be smooth, you'll love the Bold.
    If anything you may get excessive dropped calls on AT&T due to the crappy 3G service in some areas.
    If so, don't worry, there is a work around here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/
    06-25-09 08:09 PM
    Or you can install os .282 which let's you choose between 2g or 3g network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:26 PM
    I actually had to reinstall the service books as well as download Desktop Manager 4.6 in order to complete the transition.

Now, I am looking for a theme that is similar to the default one except that I would like to see the Message detail as well as the Calendar detail. If possible, I would also like to have the Call Log.
    06-26-09 12:38 PM
    Thought this was another water damage thread
    06-26-09 12:41 PM
    I was also unable to locate the backup directory for the pictures that are on the micro sd that is still on the curve.
    06-26-09 12:53 PM
    Or you can install os .282 which let's you choose between 2g or 3g network
    Did not know that, I guess it is time to get that installed ASAP.
    06-26-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD