How bout this old beater... my battery's got better charge, at least. Lol

I'd call OP's find "virtually new".
    Wow, I get edgy when the frets between the keys fade !

You have entire chunks off the keys missing !!

Is it too late...?-img_20170324_114653.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 12:57 PM
    @goodayeh seller is asking about $70usd. I have found another one for $32usd but it only comes with the charger..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3d6d089da1.jpg
    Your second find seems fairly new!
    Where are they being sold?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 01:02 PM
    @goodayeh phones are being sold in serbia.
    03-24-17 01:35 PM
    Wow, I get edgy when the frets between the keys fade !

You have entire chunks off the keys missing !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170324_114653.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	420144

Posted via CB10
    Haha... actually, the missing "chunks" are just worn paint. Thumb nails are fast & precise but rough on paint... lol. Sometimes the KB paint wears till they can't be read at all. No matter since thumb knows where keys are. This KB still works flawlessly so probably won't get a new one for a while yet.

I'd say, at half the price, that cheaper & newer one OP found looks pretty tempting. Depends on how much OP values whatever the more expensive one comes with. Leather cases are pretty easily available... fwiw...
    03-24-17 02:12 PM
    I dont need leather case or headphones, I got my own. Im just afraid for the battery..
    03-24-17 02:14 PM
    Batteries are a gamble. Takes less than 10 seconds to swap one on a 9900. Costs vary, tho. Do one of these choices seem to have healthier battery?
    03-24-17 02:42 PM
    @idssteve I have no way of telling until I use the phone for a few days. The second one really looks pristine and barely used. I will probably meet tomorrow with the seller to check the phone out. What should I check/test?
    03-24-17 02:49 PM
    Like this....

Attachment 415900
    Mine is 2hrs.

Is it too late...?-img_20170324_215127.jpg

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-24-17 03:52 PM
    Hope it works now

Is it too late...?-img_20170324_215127.jpg

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-24-17 03:54 PM
    Here are the photos of the almost pristine Bold I am thinking of buying https://imgur.com/a/bzERV
    03-24-17 06:36 PM
    I found out that he has to press buttons BUYR in order for it to show. Is this any good? Phone seems well preserved.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a66e9579dc.jpg
    Ha ha yeah that's pretty good that's only one day of usage nonstop. Mine is something like 13 or 14 days I'll have to double check
    03-24-17 07:16 PM
    I just noticed something and its bothering me, look at the way the backlight is shining? Not all keys seem to shine equally and there is a difference in light color from trackpad and the keys..
    Is it too late...?-imag0111.jpg
    03-24-17 07:31 PM
    I just noticed something and its bothering me, look at the way the backlight is shining? Not all keys seem to shine equally and there is a difference in light color from trackpad and the keys..

Name:	IMAG0111.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	420164
    Hmm well I can tell you that all my keys are very bright with no dim areas.

Where is the guy selling this one?
    03-24-17 10:03 PM
    Here's the BUYR from my most recent 9900
    Can't say I ever used to worry about this until Ralph identified the reveal method. Heaven knows how high my original 9900 went, but probably no where near idssteves battered Bold's
    :LOL:
    Attached Thumbnails Is it too late...?-tapaupload0.jpg  
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-25-17 04:41 AM
    Ah, sorry I forgot this. He won't see it if the device has an active IT Policy. IT Policy is often set up on company issued phones or maybe certain carrier. So instead of displaying call time and data used when key in BUYR, it would show something like 'IT policy enabled'
    There is a way to remove IT policy but I believe after removing it, call time and data will be back to zero.

Posted from my  Passport
    I just checked this out, it appears that Call time and Data statistics stay even after removing the IT policy
    @Ralph Morgotch the phone is being sold in Serbia. Can you take a look at the photos of the phone and tell me what you think? Notice the scratches (first photo) on the left side of toolbelt?

https://imgur.com/a/bzERV

03-25-17 04:42 AM

It might be the result of a poor image, you'll need to get a hands on to be certain.
    03-25-17 04:44 AM
    Digital photography of light sources can be tricky. ?? Sure would scrutinize it in person, tho. Also work the keys & be sure they all work. Including convenience key (probably default to camera, if no one's altered it) Check that lock key locks & unlocks.

Plug in charger & see it charge. Won't know about battery for a couple days but charger should at least trigger activity.

Also, pull battery and see if moisture indicators are OK.

You'll likely want to upgrade OS but it would be good to know what version it has.

Also what carrier it was on? Per chance your carrier? Any update on BIS options? Just to reiterate, getting it into service without BIS is possible, but not easy.

Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Good luck!
    03-25-17 05:47 AM
    Digital photography of light sources can be tricky. ?? Sure would scrutinize it in person, tho. Also work the keys & be sure they all work. Including convenience key (probably default to camera, if no one's altered it) Check that lock key locks & unlocks.

Plug in charger & see it charge. Won't know about battery for a couple days but charger should at least trigger activity.

Also, pull battery and see if moisture indicators are OK.

You'll likely want to upgrade OS but it would be good to know what version it has.

Also what carrier it was on? Per chance your carrier? Any update on BIS options? Just to reiterate, getting it into service without BIS is possible, but not easy.

Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Good luck!
    What are moisture indicators and how do I check them? The phone is fully unlocked, as for the BIS, not a chance for me to have it unfortunately
    03-25-17 09:22 AM
    What are moisture indicators and how do I check them? The phone is fully unlocked, as for the BIS, not a chance for me to have it unfortunately
    Moisture indicator is a little white square pad next to the row of battery contact pins. Or to be more precise, it is white if not exposed to water or high moisture, and will turn pink to red if it is.

Check this pic I've just googled out:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/servlet...-LDI-white.jpg
    is
    To check for the carrier, on home screen, press the combo alt, shift, and H keys at the same time. It will bring up a screen where you will see a vendor ID number. Find the list of BlackBerry vendor ID on google and look for your phone carrier on this list with the ID found on your phone.

03-25-17 10:35 AM

The track pad has its own led built in at the bottom, meaning the light ring framing the track pad is directly lit. Thus the track pad led is always brighter than the rest of the keyboard, which share several leds for multiple keys. You'll see the same across all 9900, 9930, and other models with led lit track pad.

The keypad on the other hand has about 7 or 9 led scattering around between the keys. Under the keys is a opaque white plastic for light diffusion. It diffuse light pretty well but still the further from the leds, the weaker the light. This part of the keyboard is also flexible and moved when keys are pressed. After a while, slight change in shape and density happen and change the light conductivity and cause uneven diffusion. So some keen eyes when looking hard enough will always see uneven lighting. There are also two leds for the tool belt keys. The keys have to share leds, none are direct lit, thus are always less bright than the track pad.

The smiley key on the bold help in conducting light better. The curve keyboard means light doesn't have to travel through sharp corners too often. On straight keyboard as on the Passport, there is no curve but only straight line and sharp corner, the uneven lighting is greater. You don't have to look too hard to see it.

03-25-17 11:01 AM
    Here's the BUYR from my most recent 9900
    Can't say I ever used to worry about this until Ralph identified the reveal method. Heaven knows how high my original 9900 went, but probably no where near idssteves battered Bold's
    :LOL:
    Are there some numbers missing from yours? Only 1 hour and 43 minutes? .

Here is mine, a full 13 days Is it too late...?-img_1490461821.640024.jpg
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-25-17 12:10 PM
    Will have to do the other replies L8er dudes, ttyl
    03-25-17 12:12 PM
    I just checked this out, it appears that Call time and Data statistics stay even after removing the IT policy
    @Ralph Morgotch the phone is being sold in Serbia. Can you take a look at the photos of the phone and tell me what you think? Notice the scratches (first photo) on the left side of toolbelt?

https://imgur.com/a/bzERV

It looks pretty nice to me.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-25-17 04:27 PM
    @Ralph Morgotch @idssteve @littlebuff @mushroom_daddy
    I asked him to send me additional photos of the phone, it seems ok to me.. Whats up with that charger though? Is it legit? https://imgur.com/a/bEHZh
    Last edited by Twisted Fate; 03-26-17 at 09:08 AM.
    03-26-17 08:51 AM
    @Ralph Morgotch @idssteve @littlebuff @mushroom_daddy
    I asked him to send me additional photos of the phone, it seems ok to me.. Whats up with that charger though? Is it legit? https://imgur.com/a/bEHZh
    Yeah , seems kind of funny - selling phone without battery or charger ?
    Have you asked him why this is ?
    03-26-17 11:32 AM
203 ... 56789