No matter what today theme I install, the SMS section on the today screen always shows entries from my OUTbox instead of my INbox.

I tried SMS>MENU>VIEW FOLDER>SMS inbox, but that doesn't solve anything.

Also, it seems that these entries are more or less random; It's not the last 3 messages I sent, but 3 random messages from the last week or so.

Another thing I'm wondering about is this: The 'messages' section on such a today theme tells me I've got new messages, but it never shows the actual messages in a list, like the calendar or sms section does.

Again, I've had these issues with several different themes. I'm running .282.
    Am I missing something here? Help would be much appreciated.
    07-15-09 06:28 AM
    I have noticed some of my SMS sent messages showing up on the today screen also. It was happening with Bold Crossbar Plus. It seemed like the only time that would happen is if I would send the message to multiple recipients. Then the message would show up as a new message from the last person on the list. Wierd...
    07-15-09 07:48 AM
    Anyone else familiar with this issue?
    07-15-09 09:38 AM
    No matter what today theme I install, the SMS section on the today screen always shows entries from my OUTbox instead of my INbox.

Also, it seems that these entries are more or less random; It's not the last 3 messages I sent, but 3 random messages from the last week or so.

Another thing I'm wondering about is this: The 'messages' section on such a today theme tells me I've got new messages, but it never shows the actual messages in a list, like the calendar or sms section does.

have u tried contacting the developer to notifier them about the bug? when i had a bug with my today theme, they sent me a link with a new d/l which fixed the bug
    07-15-09 12:17 PM
    have u tried contacting the developer to notifier them about the bug? when i had a bug with my today theme, they sent me a link with a new d/l which fixed the bug
    Like I said, same issue with different themes.
    07-15-09 12:25 PM
    Bump. Still hoping for a solution here...
    07-15-09 03:27 PM
    I have this problem with ALL themes... However, I do get my unread, brand new emails in the messages list, though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:42 PM

I have every single issue you just listed.
    Also, does your theme also have the "call log" displayed in a today area? Mine does. It lists Messages, Calendar, SMS/MMS, and then Call Log.

Calendar looks and works beautifully. It has like 10 entries, I love it (as opposed to my first today that had 2 entries, and my 2nd today that had 3 entries). This works greatly because it doesn't clutter up the wallpaper image since it is hidden when not selected.

Messages (e-mails) only shows a new e-mail when I get one in the today area, it doesn't list all my e-mails nicely like the Calendar section does for appt's. So if it's a spam e-mail and I delete it (or just junk/not important), my Messages folder stays blank.

SMS/MMS is VERY strange. Sometimes it shows me messages I sent out to people, and sometimes it shows messages I received from people, and usually not in order. It's like it only decides to check and see if there are any new messages to display in the today area by a set amount of time - for example, maybe every 10 minutes, so if I am having a conversation via texts where I send one every 3 minutes and get one every 3 minutes, or something like that, only 1 or 2 of these messages are ever displayed in the today area..
    (I know, that probably is hard to understand. sorry )

Call Log doesn't display anything in the today area section at all - ever. Even after receiving a call (and answering it) just 3 minutes previously, or missing a call - whether a moment ago or an hour ago, or even making any calls. Kind of weird.

This all sucks because this theme is insanely awesome and tidy and neat and just wonderful in general -

The today area is hidden and the bottom dock is hidden, and the weather and profile icons are displayed even when the phone is locked - I just love it all.

Except the issues above...
    But, I'll continue to use this theme, I think. I like it too much.

While phone is locked (notice weather and profile icon are still shown. I didn't used to have this feature in my old themes )

Unlock phone and scroll down from profile/weather icons, and a hidden today area comes up. This is displaying my e-mails, although it's blank because the 2 e-mails I got today were junk so I deleted them. I wish it showed my past e-mails though, or something.

This is the SMS/MMS section, blocked out for privacy.
    The Today section is so great because it is slightly shaded, if you look, so even on light backgrounds such as mine, as you can see you can still clearly read everything!

Scroll down past the Call Log and the entire today area flies away and a hidden dock below flies up, and it scrolls to the right.

Showing the bottom dock scrolls.

Theme is called "FriendlyTidyTodaySMS" and I was recently linked to it by another crackberry user here in the forums - it was from Pimpmyberry I think. I don't have the link anymore though (someone help me out :P) or just search that site for it - be sure to give the developer thanks with the 'thanks' button though, or even donate if you want.

Anyway, I love this theme but I really wish these issues could be sorted out - it is a great theme.

Someone help us out

P.S: Yes, it is quite a girly-looking background, but it looks good to me and I like it. :P
    07-16-09 02:00 PM
    I have the same problem..anyone find a fix?
    08-17-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD