Any major earthshaking differences between AT&T and T-mobile in general and data speeds?

I have always been an AT&T customer. I was grandfathered into an unlimited data plan. Not sure if that is still considered "unlimited or like verizon and Tmobile it gets throttled as well"??

Appreciate any input..thanks!
    08-19-11 06:26 PM
    Its my understanding if you are grandfathered into an unlimited plan with them is completely unlimted. There prob is a bandwidth cap but they won't charge you if you hit it. For me the reasons I choose T-Mobile are:

1. 39.99 plan with T-Mobile gets me 500 min. AT&T only gets you 450

2. Unlimited text is 10 dollars with T-mobile now and I believe is moving to 20 dollars with at&t. For 20 bucks you can get unlimited text for families with tmobile.

3. T-mobile 2gb data plan is 20 bucks. AT&T charges 30 bucks for the same plan and if you go over you get charged.

4. I'm not sure what the limits of AT&T's hspa+ network are but in my area I'm lucky to hit 3-5mbps on my friends android phone. T-Mobiles's hspa+ network here hits 6 down easy and at many times reaching up to 10mps.

5. T-Mobile os getting the bold 9900 on the 31st and AT&T is looking at october/november.

Again this are the reasons why I choose tmobile. You could have different experiences dependiong on how good the service is in your area and what prices you are grandfathered in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by redk; 08-19-11 at 07:06 PM.
    data77 likes this.
    08-19-11 07:04 PM
    UMA is available on Tmo (may be delayed for the 9900)
    International data sucks for Tmo $15 a MB!!!! ATT's international data is $100 for 200 MB= $0.50 a MB.

Coverage is supposed to be better on ATT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    redk likes this.
    08-19-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD