I am tired of my Bold. It seems it is always locked up at the most inopportune time, most recently while I was stranded on the side of the road. I do several battery pulls a week to free it up. What is the use of apps if the phone won't support them? I am down to using BB msgr and Beejive and email. No joy on this phone.

There are no new RIM offerings that excite me. What's a girl to do?
    08-02-09 03:31 PM
    Those are the only apps you use? How is that possible? I have about 10 apps and run at about 46MB...
    08-02-09 03:34 PM
    WOW! I have about 40 apps or more, and I love my Bold. It's perfect!
    08-02-09 03:41 PM
    I had more but my Bold can't seem to handle running too many things at once so I've had to resort to running the bare minimum. Lots of rebooting and battery pulls.
    08-02-09 03:48 PM
    I am tired of my Bold. It seems it is always locked up at the most inopportune time, most recently while I was stranded on the side of the road. I do several battery pulls a week to free it up. What is the use of apps if the phone won't support them? I am down to using BB msgr and Beejive and email. No joy on this phone.

Did you call AT&T and tell them exactly the issues you posted?
    08-02-09 03:50 PM

It seems as though you and I, both, need to upgrade our OS. I have to do several BP's a day to keep mine running as it should on OS .167. after a BP - I'm only showing from 19 - 24 MB memory. should I call RIM about this?

I have hesitated to upgrade because of all the problems listed in other threads, but after today I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm not running but about 10 to 15 apps. Slacker Radio (I just removed it for the third time) really sucks up memory on my bold.

I love my bold though and would never give it up for anything1

Peace
    08-02-09 03:51 PM
    Try reloading ur OS. It worked for me b4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:52 PM
    weathereye, youmail, gmail, poynt, viigo, pandora, facebook, google voice, ubertwitter, lifeinpocket, opera mini, iheart, well's fargo, trapster, quickpull, google maps, good food near you, crackberry, app world, bb tran, smrtguard, bb scanner, bn reader, berryaddicted, uno, hangman, cippi, weatherbug, captureit, google search, vlingo, google sync, bbm 5.0, bb maps, brickbreaker, 7 themes, docstogo, forward with editv1, slacker, nav4all, where, windows live messenger, and I'm just about out of space, but they all run great.
    08-02-09 03:53 PM
    It seems like you may not be using the bold to your full advantage.

First off, when you are closing apps that you aren't using are you sure they aren't still running in the backround?

I have found that certain apps will hog a lot of memory. I always make sure that I close things out that aren't something that I want running.
    08-02-09 03:54 PM
    It seems as though you and I, both, need to upgrade our OS. I have to do several BP's a day to keep mine running as it should on OS .167. after a BP - I'm only showing from 19 - 24 MB memory. should I call RIM about this?

I have hesitated to upgrade because of all the problems listed in other threads, but after today I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm not running but about 10 to 15 apps. Slacker Radio (I just removed it for the third time) really sucks up memory on my bold.

I love my bold though and would never give it up for anything1

Peace
    If you're still running 167 then yes, definitely upgrade to a newer OS. May as well go for 282. You'll notice a marked improvement in several areas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skyjackal; 08-02-09 at 04:47 PM.
    08-02-09 04:26 PM
    Try 282. Or call RIM. This isn't a Bold in general problem but specifically YOUR Bold.
    08-02-09 05:21 PM
    i had the same issue, went back to Rogers and they reuploaded the OS... still had problems with it so I installed .282.... Seems to be working alright now
    08-03-09 10:08 AM
    Mine locks up when I'm using the browser and an IM BBM sms or email comes thru.

Rather than doing a battery pull or restart, go to your manage connections icon, uncheck mobile network for 30 seconds, then check it.
    Much less time consuming and it works.

But yes, Upgrade your OS and make sure when you're done with apps, press menu then close.
    08-03-09 10:46 AM
    UPGRADE!!!! the fact that .167 comes standard doesn't mean its the best one, if your afraid of experimenting go for the .247 its been tested over and over...

And I also run like 25 apps and i�m round 34megs after battery pull and stabilizes at 28 to 30 megs after a day...

.291 Tmobile UK
    08-03-09 11:09 AM
    wow - hehe the standard is 282 right now .. I am running .291 been good for me. You may consider running a newer version of the OS, if you need any help I would be more than happy , or anyone here I am sure to walk you through the upgrade process
    08-03-09 02:12 PM
    What OS are you running? Maybe need to reinstall it
    08-03-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD