Guys a month or so ago I had asked if any one had a similar issue

If you pull the battery out say at 10:00 am and insert it at 10:01 am the time it would should would be 10:00 am or 10:01 am but the actual time would be like 10:06 am as the Bold would take between 3 to 5 minutes to boot up.

The correct time does not show but the time the battery had been pulled out would show, after 1 or 2 minutes a pop up would show asking to edit date and time and going there and selecting update time would give the correct network time.

I have tried network time as well as BlackBerry for the time option.

Also I upgraded my software and down graded it as well and then when I did battery pull and put battery back the time change was similar to the mentioned above but instead of the pop up the time change automatically after 1 minute.

Please let me know if any one face a similar thing! I would like to know if the internal back up battery would not be working etc!
    06-13-09 02:50 PM
    Let the network handle your time and you won't have any issues.
    06-13-09 03:07 PM
    Sometime the network will show 'not available'
    Hence , I dun think there's any solution to this but I could be wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 03:11 PM
    Well the network was taking care of the time! but still it will not work!

also when I insert the battery and then once the phone boots up there is a cross in the network signal bar area and it take 5 seconds to get the network... is this normal?

Please let me know what the solution is to this!
    06-13-09 03:24 PM
    Another alternative is to use quick pull to simulate a batt pull.
    Tried a couple of times with quick pull, the pop up did not appear at all using quick pull.

06-13-09 03:27 PM
    well yes i know that! but does the same thing happen to you when you do a physical battery pull!

I mean did you try and does you time also remain that same as the time you pulled the battery out?

do you get the pop up as well with a battery pull?
    06-13-09 03:38 PM
    well please let me know!
    06-13-09 04:30 PM
    Any one checked this one out please? Any solution?
    06-13-09 10:51 PM
    Over the past few days battery on mine has been pulled a few times with os upgrade, new applications etc - Bold is currently bang on time!
    06-14-09 03:06 AM
    I've never had this issue at all. I usually do a battery pull every day or so and once the phone
    Boots up date/time are always correct. Ill play around with the settings and see if I can get this
    To happen and report back with my findings

06-14-09 08:04 AM
    No issues here. Whenever the phone finishes rebooting, time and everything else is good.

06-14-09 09:40 AM
    well yes thats good but it does not happen for me! I alway get a pop up say I need to update date and time. The date is alway correct and never need to change that but I do need to change the time via Update time option.

Also I would like to inform you guys that this never happened at first and then it started happening some times and now it always happens.

However if I update the OS and then I tried it and the time got corrected in about 30 seconds by its self?

What issue do you think this is? Is it an add on software? Is it a software related issue or do you think its a hardware issue?
    06-14-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD