My battery has a discharge of 11% an hour according to battery meter. I listen to music for approximately 1 hour a day, I talk on the phone for a max of 10 minutes a day, and I send about 50 bbm messages/text messages a day.

Is it time to replace my battery or is this amount of discharge normal?

I have a brand new battery sitting at home by the way.
    09-05-11 04:07 AM
    Are you using a 9780? How old is it and how old is the battery? What OS are you on? If you have a new battery, it's probably worth seeing how they compare. Currently, I'm on .650 OS and I drain through the charge (down to 20%) in about 14-16 hours of light usage (mostly BBM and BBM Groups usage with incoming email and some apps running in the background).
    09-05-11 07:26 AM
    @laurah
    Yes I have a 9780, I'm on OS .650, and I've had my bold and battery since January of this year.

@kjell_j
    The applications that run in the background are berryweather, sugarsync, facebook, and twitter. I do have 3g on always but that is because I'm with Mobilicity, they don't offer 2g unless you put money in their mywallet program. However, I live right in the city so my 3g never drops below 3 bars.
    I charge my battery every night so when I wake up its 100%. However by the end of the day, the battery level drops to roughly low 30's or high 20's (my day begins around 11am and ends at 3am - because its still summer...when I go back to school, my day will begin at 6am and end at 10pm)

should I change my battery?
    09-05-11 04:45 PM
    I also charge my battery every night my day starts at 7am and ends at 11pm. In the background I have BBM, Facebook, Twitter and BeWeather running in the background. I use 3G at work and wifi whenever possible. But by the end of my work day 9-5 my battery is almost always completely discharged.
    09-05-11 04:55 PM
    @laurah
    Yes I have a 9780, I'm on OS .650, and I've had my bold and battery since January of this year.

@kjell_j
    The applications that run in the background are berryweather, sugarsync, facebook, and twitter. I do have 3g on always but that is because I'm with Mobilicity, they don't offer 2g unless you put money in their mywallet program. However, I live right in the city so my 3g never drops below 3 bars.
    I charge my battery every night so when I wake up its 100%. However by the end of the day, the battery level drops to roughly low 30's or high 20's (my day begins around 11am and ends at 3am - because its still summer...when I go back to school, my day will begin at 6am and end at 10pm)

should I change my battery?
    I do think, based on your usage, that that sounds pretty normal. You can try optimizing the battery efficiency by reducing screen brightness, turning off GPS/Bluetooth, and decreasing the refresh rate of applications, among other things.
    09-05-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD