Okay, I'm as sick and tired of the false "confirmed" release dates as the rest of you, but I just called TigerDirect to inquire about my BBB back-order (ordered July 28), and they told me it should SHIP TOMORROW. They said their shipment still hadn't arrived but that it was slated for delivery tomorrow and they'll in turn deliver to me. Good luck to all who have waited so impatiently for so long.
    08-11-08 07:18 PM
    i almost ordered from them but they cant send u an non unlocked phone cause they get them from europe already unlocked........ you arent gettin the us version is why u r getting it early
    08-11-08 07:24 PM
    I don't think that's correct, but I'll let you know.
    08-11-08 07:53 PM
    i used their chat with a coustomer service thing and i asked if i could preorder one but have it sent locked...
    he checked and said unfortunately not because we recieve them from europe already unlocked
    08-11-08 07:54 PM
    It's a reputable site, and they state that it's an unlocked phone and even warn customers to check for frequency compatibility. I have my doubts that it actually will be shipped tomorrow, but I do think it will be a street, unlocked version. I'll let you know.
    08-11-08 08:02 PM
    i didnt say it wasnt rep. im stating that ur gonna get a phone from europe is all :/
    08-11-08 08:04 PM
    Their site states it will be available when it's available. I don't know why it would come from Europe, since the launches so far in Europe are carrier based, and it's an unlocked phone. But your message stated you wanted a "non unlocked" phone, which I assume means you want one unlocked. Why would you want a locked phone? If you want a locked phone, you'll need to get it from the carrier obviously.
    08-11-08 08:28 PM
    cause silly if i could preorder it not unlocked on tig direct i could pay using my billmelater account instead of payin on my visa/mc lol.... cti-miami.com you can preorder them and specify that u want it to remained locked and they will send u the att one but they dont take billmelater accounts as payment and tigerdirect says.. and i will quote ...unfortunately you cannot preorder this phone locked. we do not unlock them. They arrive from europe already unlocked.
    08-11-08 08:34 PM
    she wants the locked version.
    08-11-08 08:46 PM
    The ad for them on their website says the ETA is September, I'd think they would update that if they are ready to ship them. (It also says that there unlocked cell phones come from "all over the globe").
    08-11-08 08:47 PM
    08-11-08 11:58 PM
    Kev778... did you actually read it??? The FCC has already approved the BOLD for US carriers back in July, a topic has been discussed before this post as well. I believe this can also be verified at the FCC's website. Most all information points to AT&T still having issues with the Bold's software. Which also would explain why they are still releasing updates to 4.6. Not trying to be harsh or anything. Just as tired as everyone else about speculation as to why the Bold has not been released yet.
    08-12-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD