Hi,

I recently changed my contract and have added on the bb data plan. Now the bb plan is active although the data plan is not, if i am not mistaken the two are separate so i should be able to use the blackberry services without a data plan. I have tried to use bbm, internet browser with wifi, and data disabled although i cannot access these, it however works when data is enabled. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

3B
    08-16-11 05:00 PM
    There's nothing to separate, it's a BB data plan, that's it.

Turn your data back on and enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 05:26 PM
    Right however my BB addon is active but im still getting charged for the data. So that's why I thought that the 2 were separate.

08-16-11 05:38 PM
    Data on a BB goes through RIM's servers, not over your network, so you shouldn't be getting charged. It's all included in the BB data plan.

08-16-11 05:41 PM
    Right I see so I wonder what's going on :/ can I restrict what uses the interenet so I don't get additional charges?

08-16-11 06:01 PM
    Right I see so I wonder what's going on :/ can I restrict what uses the interenet so I don't get additional charges?

You should figure this out between you and your carrier. Obviously they're overcharging you, something needs to be settled/worked out.

08-17-11 12:54 AM
    Right so all data used is through the bb plan sobthat includes web surfing, emails, bbm, ect. Anything that the uses internet access basically. So either the plan says its active but isn't or there's something else going on could anyone confirm the first part?

08-17-11 04:11 AM
    Right so all data used is through the bb plan sobthat includes web surfing, emails, bbm, ect. Anything that the uses internet access basically. So either the plan says its active but isn't or there's something else going on could anyone confirm the first part?
    Contact your wireless carrier. Nobody except the wireless carrier can confirm anything about your account and provisioning except your own wireless carrier.
    08-17-11 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD