View Poll Results: Do You Like The 9000 Series

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck YA, I'm In Line Waiting For It Now lol!

39 37.14%
  • Heck NO, RIM Can Keep That Ugly thing!

11 10.48%
  • I'll be Holding Judgement Till I Hold one!

46 43.81%
  • I'm Undecided!

9 8.57%
04-24-08 11:56 AM
42 12
tools
    i think it looks a lot smarter than the current range. can't wait to see what they've come up with when it's time for my upgrade!
    04-06-08 11:53 AM
    yeah the 9000 looks great.. and it seems like it will be great in terms of functionality, however, lets face it.. its not anything revolutionary enough to compete with the iphone ... and whats up with the SRP of $900-$1000?

Let me make myself clear.. I think that berries are much better phones than iphones, much more intuitive and more functional. Its also apparent that the corporate market still seems to be in RIM's favor.. but isn't it time for a BIG device release?

9000 looks awesome.. if its not ridiculously expensive I will for sure be getting one.. but its time to but apple in its place!
    04-08-08 05:36 PM
    I'll give you a perfect example of the BB9000 from what we have seen so far...

I compare it to the Pontiac GTO...High horsepower engine with great handling all stuffed in a boring Sunbird body. It's geared toward those that don't have to prove anything to anyone by the looks of their car, but know they have all the power they need under the hood.

I was really hoping for something totally different. Something to knock the Iphone and all the other slider, TILT, Sidekick and so on styled phones out of the water.

My upgrade time is approaching and I was going to move up to the Curve from my 8800. I like the slighly smaller and slimmer Curve and with all the upgrades approaching, it will probably do exactly what I need it to do. But when info about the 9000 started surfacing, I figured I could just hold out till it dropped.

The attributes of having 3g is worth me taking a look. I know if I buy another 8800 sized phone, it will have to really come very strong with the horsepower and handling to make my daily driver a boring run of the mill sedan.

Maybe they will see the error in their ways and remodel the 9xxx models to follow and not just add hood scoops like the GTO.
    04-08-08 06:36 PM
    I just read on BGR that the battery is still an issue, but is being worked on. They also posted that it is slated to release on ATT mid-June. I will most definitely be getting 1, or 2. Lol. I will not buy a BB that has a slide out keyboard, no need for a touchscreen, that's 2 reasons I left palm, and also the 8525 WinMo series. Palm was just horrible all around. The 8525 was so big and heavy, it was crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I carried and still have that 8525 brick. I keep it with my gear when I want to go Windows. I hope they work out the rumored battery life because I had to carry both the car charger and the wall charger with my 8525 at all times. The WiFi drained the battery constantly.

I'm spoiled with my 8800's battery life and I'm sure the Curve does the same. I can charge it and forget about it all day no matter what I do (ok, maybe not watching a lot of movies) but just surfing the web, phone use and texting hardly bothers the battery.
    04-08-08 06:58 PM
    Looks hot and everything, but doubt it will be out for T-Mobile anytime soon. If it is I would have to see the compare list and see the difference. As of right now the Curve is the best BB.

04-09-08 07:50 PM
    Not for me....
    04-09-08 07:51 PM
    It looks cool to me. I can't wait for it
    04-09-08 08:52 PM
    im hopin for 3g and touchscreen and a better keyboard. definetly stoked and keeping an eye out on whats goin on with this
    04-14-08 03:38 AM
    Its got 3g (possibly better) but no touch screen

04-14-08 07:39 AM
    Tell you what, my 8800 is currently down for repair and I've been using my old 8525 with the 3G. Wow, I forgot how fast 3G was! Even though I don't like the way the 9000 is looking, 3G will really lean me closer toward it's purchase.

04-14-08 08:25 AM
    It's growing on me for sure.
    04-14-08 09:29 PM
    I don't like the look, but that's OK because I think it'll look fine when I slap a new hard case on it. The thing I don't really care for is the keyboard. I really like the separated keys of the Curve, and while I'll reserve judgement on this keyboard, it's a potential deal-breaker for me. Without separation between keys there is a huge potential for accidently hitting extra keys. I think that's a major disadvantage IMHO.

The price point being discussed is colossal, so that's a major negative. If it does come out at those prices I'll definitely not be an early adopter.

I like the feature set, but honestly, it's not really much different than my 8310 Curve in that respect. They're likely not even going to have a better OS to take advantage of the faster processor.

I love the fact that it'll have a great screen resolution with such high dpi. I love the fact that they've finally beefed up the processor (very needed). I'm just more than a little perplexed why they're not using it. I guess we'll have to wait until Opera gives us a better browser to add.

All in all, there's some major points to like (screen/resolution, processor, 3.5G) but at this point there still seems to be some major holes (bad keyboard without separated keys, no new OS, no quality browser, ugly, hugely expensive).

I'm going to hope some of those holes--particularly the keyboard without separated keys--are fixed before it's released.
    04-15-08 12:10 AM
    I really like it... I just got the curve but I would mind upgrading to that one I actually like it...
    04-22-08 11:42 AM
    Everyone keeps talking about 3G....

Yea- 3G is WONDERFUL!

But it won't matter if they don't update/revamp their horribly Primitive Web Browser.

I LOVE this phone, and will be getting it, When it comes out.

But to be honest- 3G doesn't matter to me if I'm limited to the watered down browser my Curve has now.

What I WANT is perfect AIM. Just like TMO's Sidekick has!

Not a delayed messenger...
    04-22-08 02:29 PM
    We can always use Opera so you are not going through RIM servers when you browse.
    04-22-08 04:45 PM
    I wish that by now we wouldn't need to do that.
    04-22-08 05:01 PM
    I agree, but until RIM does something useful like add a real browser there is that option. Then again I don't use the browser Apple thinks I should use because Safari is lame.
    04-24-08 11:56 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD