Having put up with the storm for nearly 8 months and seeing tons of issues due to corrupted data I have learned that the best firmware update results occur from completely wiped systems with little to no app data carried over. The reason for this is that most of the time the saved data gets corrupted and can cause the new OS to behave strangely. I strongly recommend completely wiping your bold clean. Warning do this only if you know how to recover from a bricked phone!!! The steps I took to get a flawless running 282 on my bold was the following:

First I backed up only my contacts and bbm data.

Then I used crackutil to retrieve and delete all app and system data from my phone.

Then I installed the OS on the bricked system. If you do not know how to recover/upgrade/install from a bricked system, there is a thread located in the link below.

Recover your bricked phone!

Finally restored all of my contacts and bbm data.

The end result is 3 days on 44-50mb free with zero lag.

Hope this helps some of you with issues with this install.
    06-30-09 09:23 PM
    hmm I may just upgrade to this OS, after all. I just need some time to wipe out and do everything clearly. I think I got lucky with just loading .266 because my phone was fairly new when I did the update.(3weeks old ) I wouldn't mind being able to switch to 2g to save battery life, when I hardly use the phone to surf the web daily.

great info!
    07-01-09 01:35 AM
    I never wipe my phone and have never any problems. I have updated my phone 2-3 times already with earlier OS's and never had to wipe my phone. *shrugs*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 01:48 AM
    Nice instruction,

thanks for that

but luckily i never had any problem with 282

lovin it
    07-01-09 02:01 AM
    That's how I always perform OS upgrades and that's how I always recommend that they be done.

Chris
    07-01-09 02:15 AM
    I wipe between installs too. I know it's not necessary but it only takes a minute or two and you can be guaranteed of a clean start. It only increases your total upgrade time by the amount of time a single battery pull takes, and a lot of people here do those every day (though I can't for the life of me figure out why... my Bold runs flawlessly for weeks at a time). I always prefer a complete, fresh format before installing a computer OS too, and my computers all have some pretty long uptimes as well. To each his/her own though.
    07-01-09 03:15 AM
    meh, i only wipe on downgrades, and hardly evarrr on upgrades, lol. although i wiped when reinstalling .282 because i kept getting a java error when opening the browser that would slow my phone to a halt, i couldnt close the browser and such so i just wiped it.
    07-01-09 04:50 AM
    .282 was alright for me.... But the slow loading pics killed it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD