How do you like the 9700? I'm debating upgrading to it. I have the original storm (was my first bb and no problems with it), but have heard typing's easier/faster with a physical keyboard (I rarely ever use my phone in landscape and use a qwerty portrait keyboard). I tried playing with bbs w a physical keyboard and found it really small plus I kept trying to touch the On screen icons (although I'm sure it. Just takes some getting used to at first). The only thing I'm unsure of is the screen. Seems so small compared to my storm's! (and I don't want the slider one BC I don't like slider phones).

I'd appreciate others' good and bad experiences in going from a (well-functioning) storm to the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 02:20 PM
    i started with an 8310, then went to the 9530 before the 9700, so i was used to the physical qwerty. i found the storms portrait qwerty annoying with my big thumbs, so i always used the landscape keyboard.

that beign said, you will get used to the 9700's keyboard quickly. it really is great, and even at my best w/ the S1 i couldnt type nearly as fast as i can on this BB.

past that, the screen to me isnt that much of an issue. the device itself is not only MUCH faster in booting and normal operation, but also has MUCH more memory. i have never lost more than 4MB of memory, and that is with my 9700 up and running for weeks at a time. the S1, i had to struggle to keep more than 10-15MB free, with less apps installed.

if the S2 was available of AT&T, i would have gotten that instead of the 9700. the 9800 excites the crap out of me, because on the S1 i missed the keyboard shortcuts of my curve.
    07-10-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD