06-28-09 03:47 AM
38 12
tools
    Seems like a waste to me.
    05-03-09 03:18 PM
    Wow.. $10 a month to replave your berry just in case. I would totally do it! I'm clumsy with my phone sometimes =\

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:03 PM
    i work at best buy and i have never heard of a PEP

i know the black tie protection sends your phone out... never heard anything about unlimited replacements...
    05-03-09 04:09 PM
    Unlimited replacements? Wouldn't that create room for exploits and abuse of the phone replacement program?
    05-03-09 04:17 PM
    Unlimited replacements? Wouldn't that create room for exploits and abuse of the phone replacement program?
    ya, thats why there arent... the op is wrong
    05-03-09 04:28 PM
    nice offer thanks !
    05-03-09 04:30 PM
    Actually. Let's clarify a few things

We r talking about Best buy & futureshop in Canada not US.

Secondly, we don't have AT&T here.

05-03-09 05:03 PM
    Actually. Let's clarify a few things

We r talking about Best buy & futureshop in Canada not US.

Secondly, we don't have AT&T here.

i missed that detail, so i can't speak for the plans in other countries...
    05-03-09 05:05 PM
    Ya. I think that where the confusion is

05-03-09 05:09 PM
    agreed, because we don't have any plans like that at best buy in the us
    05-03-09 05:14 PM
    again, its not a replacement plan. best buy doesnt have the PRP program anymore. was never a PEP program. was a prp but went to gadgets and gizmos but the BTP on phones is different. does cover accidental damage and water damage. not full submersion. its good if you are a clutz and drop your phone.
    05-03-09 08:52 PM
    our plan in the US is similar, with GSBTP the phone is sent to our service center, if they deem it not repairable they will AFISE it and then you get swapped in store for a new phone, if they think that they can fix it then they will.
    there is a 30 day window on all repairs, if it takes longer they will just approve it for an in store exchange (AFISE).
    there is no limitation as to how many times you can make a claim, since this is paid for monthly you are technically purchasing a new plan each month. Battery and charger are covered for a free one time replacement, direct shipped to your house. there is a no lemon gurentee as well if the phone is serviced 3 times on the 4th they will AFISE it.
    05-07-09 12:45 AM
    Im on the Exchange plan and if ur served by a Canadian carrier, its a no-brainer imo
    Upgraded a Bold in April, exchanged it for an 8900 last week but i didnt like it, exchanged it to the Bold this evening.

Theres a 2 or 3 year option on the plan and the guy that helped me said depreciation doesnt affect me because they use the retail price at time of original purchase. The price of the unit is 600$ and any difference in hardware (the curve was 500?) is credited back or charged to you if your upgrading to a more expensive phone.

He explained that people confuse it for a service plan but its literally an on-the-spot exchange program. Full contact sync and any other needed data transfers.

I'm sold and I use reason when I buy a Service plan (somethings you need it for, most you dont)
    06-28-09 03:47 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD