I've had my 9650 for just over a hear and never had a random reboot issue. It's been running well on OS5 and OS6. Some of the earlier versions of OS6 might reboot when I took a picture but that's about it.

Could it be an issue with a memory card?
    07-06-11 02:32 PM
    I've had my 9650 for 10 months and never had a single random reboot. It's not been bug free (no phone ever made has been), but I've run the latest leak or official of either OS5 or OS6 that has come out and never had the issues the OP describes.
    07-06-11 05:32 PM
    I have 6 blackberry's in my house, including 2 9650's...all on sprint! The 9650's have been running os6 since the first leak without any of these reboot problems, picture lines, or lag problems! I've also never had these signal or coverage issues with sprint on any of them, my phones and service have been flawless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 06:20 PM
    I load almost all of the different OS versions when they come out an my phone has yet to crash/reboot/reload what ever you want to call it. You might just have a bad phone or a 3rd party app that is causing the problem.
    Oy. How many times do I have to repeat...I have tried two different phones (the third is coming tomorrow) and my apps have not changed since I was on OS5. I do not load my phone up with various applications, I have at most 4, and none of them have changed since I first upgraded to OS6. I delayed installing them for three days when I had my last new phone just to ensure they were not a problem. On a clean phone, the rebooting still happened.

It happens with many others, including co-workers, so it is NOT my phone that is only having the problem.

Good for you and others that you have never had a reboot problem. I suspect you are never in a low/spotty signal area like we have.

I pay for a phone and service, and expect that phone and service to work when I need it. I DO NOT expect to upgrade software and have my phone suddenly NOT WORKING because the upgrade is causing reboots. I understand being in a no signal area. That is not the problem. Being in a low signal area, having my phone reboot causing loss of data and waiting for 15 minutes for the phone to FINALLY come up to operation IS THE PROBLEM. If it rebooted in 10 seconds and didn't cause loss of data, I would not care.

If you do not experience this, GREAT! Why bother commenting here then?
    07-07-11 12:46 AM
    i am glad your phone is running great for you. I haven't had any issues with mine either. But i don't really think just because you don't or i don't have any issues with our phones that others will operate the same.
    thank you!
    07-07-11 12:51 AM
    That leads me to believe carrier updates are not based on whats popular but whats needed in an update.
    ...which leads me to understand why Verizon is so quick to offer a new phone when someone complains of this problem.
    07-07-11 12:53 AM
    I think at this point its operator error. Either your installing the OS wrong or do something no other user does to cause a reboot.

You have shot down every idea people have given and were nice about. Maybe its time for you to just jump ship and this forum if you feel that negative about this situation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 01:23 AM
    @91veteran, Have you tried the new OS? I am hearing that one of the biggest improvements made with 6.0.0.600 is the signal reception. People are reporting it is by far the best they have ever gotten. It would be interesting if the new OS can resolve or at least some relieve your reboot issues.
    07-07-11 10:22 AM
    I think at this point its operator error. Either your installing the OS wrong or do something no other user does to cause a reboot.

You have shot down every idea people have given and were nice about. Maybe its time for you to just jump ship and this forum if you feel that negative about this situation.

There's a wrong way to install an OS? You just run the wizard and it does everything.

I think its the hardware and not the software that's the problem. I'm sure there are some phones out there that are lemons, just like with cars. I think the OP should get Sprint to try to replace the phone under warranty. There's no reason why his phone should have so many problems even after repeated OS reinstalls. I don't think its the software if the same issues persist after reinstalls of different OS versions.
    Last edited by jake_870; 07-07-11 at 04:47 PM.
    07-07-11 04:40 PM

Pretty intelligent response there FlashOp. Perhaps you should do a search on this forum and see how many others are having the same problem. Gee, just read this thread. Rather arrogant of you to suggest we are all just poor operators of our phones, particularly since we managed to operate them just fine prior to upgrading to OS6.
    nycfly89 and damule6666 like this.
    07-08-11 03:02 AM
    @91veteran, Have you tried the new OS? I am hearing that one of the biggest improvements made with 6.0.0.600 is the signal reception. People are reporting it is by far the best they have ever gotten. It would be interesting if the new OS can resolve or at least some relieve your reboot issues.
    I haven't yet....but your post surprises me. What is.600? I thought the version that was best was .522. The newest I can find is .524. When was 600 released?
    07-08-11 03:04 AM
    I haven't yet....but your post surprises me. What is.600? I thought the version that was best was .522. The newest I can find is .524. When was 600 released?
    .600 was released by Sprint but can be loaded on to any 9650. Try this to install the new OS. I would also recommend looking into shrinking your OS to remove some of the junk that loads in each OS. Guys over at BBH-Plus.net have the tools and walk through to do it.

My previous post did come off as harsh and I do apologize for that but I still believe its the OS installed and how. I haven't used DM to install an OS for about 2 years since I found about using loader.exe and shrink/hybrid OS's. Very easy to do and a lot less problems overall.

Also recommend just doing a backup to outlook or full backup with DM but only doing a partial restore (just do contacts/cal/task/mem)
    Last edited by FlashOp; 07-08-11 at 03:24 AM. Reason: added info
    07-08-11 03:23 AM
    .600 did NOTHING for me. endless boot cycle. i basically cannot even use my phone or it will go into an endless bootcycle. and the worst thing about it is that im in europe and cannot do ANYTHING until september atleast until im back. im going to downgrade to os5 to see if it helps, im praying. this is complete BS
    07-08-11 10:02 AM
    Why don't you just reload 5.0.0.699 and be done with it? Clearly, BB6 isn't for everyone. Then you can go to your non-BlackBerry phone from there.
    07-08-11 10:06 AM
    wowww have i mentioned once that i wanted to leave my blackberry? i had bb6 since it was first released official on verizon with no problems. the last official verizon update started giving me these boot errors and im seeking HELP
    07-08-11 10:36 AM
    .600 did NOTHING for me. endless boot cycle. i basically cannot even use my phone or it will go into an endless bootcycle. and the worst thing about it is that im in europe and cannot do ANYTHING until september atleast until im back. im going to downgrade to os5 to see if it helps, im praying. this is complete BS

Did you follow the steps in the link I posted above or did you do it your original way your use to? Can you list step by step how your doing your wipe/install?

07-08-11 10:37 AM
    wowww have i mentioned once that i wanted to leave my blackberry? i had bb6 since it was first released official on verizon with no problems. the last official verizon update started giving me these boot errors and im seeking HELP
    I wasn't referring to your post, that was for the OP. The OP had "no problems" with OS5, so go back.

You can't wipe your OS and try reinstalling now? Why do you have to wait?
    07-08-11 10:38 AM
    i did wipe and tried the newest OS from sprint, and tonight i will try OS5 and if that doesnt work, im not sure what the problem is - must be a hardware issue that im praying it isnt because that means i will not have a phone for 2+ months
    07-08-11 10:49 AM
    Did you follow the steps in the link I posted above or did you do it your original way your use to? Can you list step by step how your doing your wipe/install?

im using app loader for the OS install as i have installed many without problem.

i wiped my phone using bbsak with no problem as well. as i said, OS5 tonight or nothing
    07-08-11 10:51 AM
    .600 was released by Sprint but can be loaded on to any 9650. Try this to install the new OS. I would also recommend looking into shrinking your OS to remove some of the junk that loads in each OS. Guys over at BBH-Plus.net have the tools and walk through to do it.

My previous post did come off as harsh and I do apologize for that but I still believe its the OS installed and how. I haven't used DM to install an OS for about 2 years since I found about using loader.exe and shrink/hybrid OS's. Very easy to do and a lot less problems overall.

Also recommend just doing a backup to outlook or full backup with DM but only doing a partial restore (just do contacts/cal/task/mem)
    Thanks FlashOp, and my response may have been overly harsh. It's rather frustrating that it has been rebooting several times a day since I returned to Wisconsin, and knowing I gave my number out to so many people as a single point of contact.

My third phone was supposed to arrive yesterday (Thursday), and I get a note on the door from Fedex today (Friday), so I will have to race over to the facility tomorrow and hope they can find it. I need it restored since I fly out Sunday back to Colorado.

I doubt I can look into your instructions until I get back there since I need a stable phone over the next three days. Looking forward to how it works.
    07-08-11 11:31 PM
    Why don't you just reload 5.0.0.699 and be done with it? Clearly, BB6 isn't for everyone. Then you can go to your non-BlackBerry phone from there.
    Because I like the features in OS6. I stayed on OS5 for some time after trying 6 and having such problems until I got to Colorado and the phone seemed so stable. I upgraded, it stayed stable, until I returned to Wisconsin and it started rebooting.
    07-08-11 11:35 PM
    I wasn't referring to your post, that was for the OP. The OP had "no problems" with OS5, so go back.

You can't wipe your OS and try reinstalling now? Why do you have to wait?
    I agree OS5 will work, but why is an OS released if it causes such problems? I might understand a bad OS being released, but it should be fixed in the next release rather than perpetuated like it was with the latest update.

Do you still run Windows 3.11?
    07-08-11 11:48 PM
    does anyone have a download link available for a good os5 MULTILANGUAGE? im trying to install os5 today to see if it fixes my problem. if not, then i know its a hardware issue and im screwed
    07-09-11 10:39 AM
    It's been my experience with any BB that if it has issues with signal it will reboot. I was driving through the boonies for an extended period of time and I little if no signal most of the time. It must have rebooted 5 times in the span of the 2 hour drive. Searching for signal kills the battery. I have the extended battery and it dropped 50% in 2-3 hours that day. I can have 2 days of normal usage on one charge with the extended battery and still have 25% left. I've been with RIM for A LOT of years but it's time to move on for me. I live in Boston and there is zero hope of RIM coming out with an LTE device before this time next year. Hot spot capability anyone? When the Droid Bionic drops next month I'm gone. It REALLY pains me to say that too. Who knows maybe this time next year I'll come back but RIM has been constantly playing catch-up for years now.
    07-11-11 02:16 AM
    Oy. How many times do I have to repeat...I have tried two different phones (the third is coming tomorrow)
    OY! Then it isnt your phone is it. Its something else. Dont go back to Wisconsin.
    Last edited by npunk42; 07-11-11 at 10:10 AM.
    07-11-11 10:04 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD