My third blackberry bold 9900 is still alive after one week.

I have done this things to avoid having another bricked bold 9900

1- I never leave it charging in the night
    2- When I see that the battery is full I remove the charger from the phone
    3- After a week the bold was slow when I type and when I view things, then I restarted by pressing the keys in the photo. After this everything worked ok, it took over 5 minutes to reload the OS, I was thinking that it failed but it loaded the OS correctly.

KB02141-How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone
    11-25-11 06:06 PM
    This kind of care on a new phone is just pointless. I'm sorry you're having so many issues. These phones aren't cheap. I've always thought of bbs as rugged. My 8320 & 9700 took a beating & never gave up. Wonder why these 9900s are such delicate pieces of equipment. I have a 9900 & love it, honestly, I just use it as rough as I can because I can't be bothered to build a museum with surveylance around a phone. The phones supposed to serve me, not the other way around. RIM better pull its socks up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Apple Crumble likes this.
    11-26-11 12:36 AM
    My third blackberry bold 9900 is still alive after one week.

I have done this things to avoid having another bricked bold 9900

1- I never leave it charging in the night
    2- When I see that the battery is full I remove the charger from the phone
    3- After a week the bold was slow when I type and when I view things, then I restarted by pressing the keys in the photo. After this everything worked ok, it took over 5 minutes to reload the OS, I was thinking that it failed but it loaded the OS correctly.

Click to view quoted image

KB02141-How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone
    1.) you should be able to charge it all night without any issues, i take it some 99xx have been bricking overnight

2.) you shouldnt need to do this too, as the phone trickle charges...there is no overcharging

3.) this has always been a well known and common way to reboot the device, again, nothing new.
    11-26-11 12:44 AM
    I also think that a new phone needs to last years without any issues, but the bold 9900 has big issues and nobody at RIM is saying why.

About the price I pay in Mexico over $700 dollars because it is a phone without contract, and it has a 1 year warranty.

I could go and ask for a new phone every time it bricks, but going to the carrier and waiting over 30 minutes to receive a new phone is not funny, that is why I am trying to avoid bricking again the phone until RIM releases a new update that fix all this issues.

I also have an iphone 4S and it is trouble free, you don`t have to worry for nothing.
    11-26-11 12:52 AM
    I could go and ask for a new phone every time it bricks, but going to the carrier and waiting over 30 minutes to receive a new phone is not funny, that is why I am trying to avoid bricking again the phone until RIM releases a new update that fix all this issues.
    some people have to wait weeks to get their devices replaced or fixed under warranty. you should consider yourself lucky. waiting a half an hour?? please.......
    11-26-11 01:00 AM
    As of this date my bold 9900 has not bricked.

I have avoided bricking the bold 9900 by not charging it at night, or not overloading the battery charge.
    12-19-11 06:28 PM
    Gotta agree with the masses. It is silly to do anything out of the norm for fear it will fail. Since no one has a technical explanation as to the cause, you may as well throw salt over your shoulder every night to prevent it from bricking. Just keep up on your insurance and forget about it. Mine has bricked once and at first it was traumatic, but I received a certified refurb the very next day that is actually a better build than my original. I was right back where I left off 1 hour later thanks to a recent backup and bb id. App world kept track of all my apps so it was very easy to get it all back. Chances are the bricking issue has nothing to do with anything we users do. Which means if its going to happen, it will!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JR A likes this.
    12-19-11 08:54 PM
    I leave it on the charger overnight, every night. And sometimes 8+ hours.

I charge it before I go to bed or when I go to bed, and take it off the pod when I wake up.

I have no trouble loading the OS.

What am I doing RIGHT?
    JR A likes this.
    12-20-11 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD