I love, love, LOVED my 8800. Feels superior in my hands to the Bold. LOVED that phone. I've had several 8800s and they've all been great (except for one with a loose USB port) sigh.

So anyways my Bold is great except the battery life is kind of meh. I had a full charge yesterday at 12PM and by the nights end at 12 am I was already in the red (no bars left at all). This was with heavy use of course, taking pictures, facebooking, smsing, jivetalk on and off... but I did all this with the 8800 still with a sufficient charge.

Anyone think the 8800 is superior when it comes to battery life? I know it's a difficult thing to compare since there are tons of variables involved.

My Bold is already "fully tuned" to support MAXIMUM battery life. 3G off (t-mobile), LCD @ 40%, auto dim is on however (maybe thats the culprit?) and I'm running .266.

No excess programs running. I primarily use jivetalk, facebook, BBM, sms, mms.
    06-15-09 02:14 PM
    Maybe try reloading .266 and see if that helps. I'm running .266 with moderate daily use and I get
    Just under 2 days on my battery and no I don't have 3g turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 02:35 PM
    If you love the 8800 so much, I would just go back to it, especially since you are not using 3G

06-15-09 02:37 PM
    True but of course the bigger and better screen is a huge perk.

If you love the 8800 so much, I would just go back to it, especially since you are not using 3G

06-15-09 05:45 PM
    GPS on drains your battery, is it OFF?
    Sure you do not have any apps connecting alone to get updates (news feeds, wheather app,...)?
    06-15-09 06:53 PM
    I do have an app called Vigio (or something like that) which has a news feed or something. Maybe i'll disable it or uninstall it. thanks

GPS on drains your battery, is it OFF?
    Sure you do not have any apps connecting alone to get updates (news feeds, wheather app,...)?
    06-15-09 07:13 PM
    I think viigo has been named as a battery sucking app. Any apps that run in the background have the potential. I think you can set it to do updates manually and also to not go to the background on close. Both should help (and are different than the default settings).
    06-15-09 07:18 PM
    Compare the same usage with JiveTalk off...

If it's significantly better (which it probably will be) use the RIM apps.
    06-15-09 07:33 PM
    My suggestion is to get another battery for bold or get an extended battery 3500mh from seido. I had the latter & it can last me 3 days of intensive use.

06-15-09 08:22 PM
    I got a 3000mah battery, and one charge in I see a big difference. I don't mine the size of the case, the weight makes it feel more solid. They said it takes 3-5 cycles to reach full battery life. I'm curious to see how it will fare.

06-15-09 10:34 PM
    I still on viigo on mine and my battery gets through the day with no issues whatsoever. I have never had the 8800 so I don't know how it is.

06-15-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD