I will be getting a 9700 Bold this or next week and was wondering how it handles videos. Would someone be able to test this one I encoded? It's only like 4mb.

Thanks

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    04-28-10 04:29 PM
    Black screen with following message :
    The video portion of the media being played uses an unsupported format.
    although some Arabic(?) commentary can be heard.
    04-28-10 04:58 PM
    Same here, "The video portion of the media being played uses an unsupported format." Your codecs look good, it must be some advanced h.264 settings which stop it from being compatible.
    04-28-10 05:03 PM
    Thanks guys. Yeah I was using Visual Hub which is what I used to use for my old iphone. Ok last try.. I have unchecked H264 so it should be basic MP4 now.

I really hope this one works this time. :-( Could you give this a try? I hope the next Bold has better hardware for handling videos. I know it's not meant to be an ipod but still.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks
    04-28-10 05:36 PM
    H264 is just fine for the 9700, you just can't use advanced profile settings. Depending on the app you're using, yeah, this can be a pain to figure out. IMO, it's worth it to use the H264 codec, since the quality is better / filesize is smaller... even if it does take a couple tries to figure out what settings work.

That video works fine, by the way. It even streams to my 9700 and plays 'live' if hosted on a webserver
    Last edited by CharredPC; 04-28-10 at 07:28 PM.
    04-28-10 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD