I use to be a 9700 owner for about 4 years until my work had the capability to setup up my work emails/contacts/calender onto a iphone 4, so i thought i would give it a try and now have been on a iphone for about 4 months. I must admit i really miss features i had on my bold like immediate push email, alerts where fantastic always worked, the feel of a proper touch keyboard with buttons (can type faster), full customisation of profiles and alerts.

I mean the iphone does have some great features like apps ( i have a heavy eBay user) and the Safari browser is super fast. I need more convincing to come back as i am still stuck on the fence? Please help
    07-08-11 09:54 PM
    Forgot to mention i have a bold 9780 sitting in my possesion unable to decide
    07-08-11 09:56 PM
    Forgot to mention i have a bold 9780 sitting in my possesion unable to decide
    I just came back from iphonesville, and I have to say I'm loving my 9780, the new browser is far above what I remember (storm1), and the battery life over an iphone is a huge advantage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 10:16 PM
    *yawn*
    next.
    07-09-11 02:42 AM
    I've tried multiple iPhone models, Android devices, S60 and Maemo Nokia's and just this week picked up a new 9780 after being frustrated with different facets of each OS and device. It is great to feel at home again and enjoy one handed operation, great battery life (haven't charged all weekend) and not have to constantly clean the damn screen How on earth do they get the GPS to lock so damn fast!
    07-09-11 10:43 PM
    Don't think, just do it.

07-10-11 12:47 AM
    I personally love the 9780 because of its features and hardware. Definitely the best BlackBerry I've ever had (I've had about 5 or 6 BlackBerrys). I gotta say, BlackBerry phones are improving in terms of hardware and their capabilities. In terms of design? Ehh..

Also, the upcoming Bold Touch and the Torch(es), are gonna be groundbreaking and will raise the BlackBerry flag once again. :P

So go for BlackBerry!
    07-10-11 09:14 AM
    Can't say how BB stacks up to iOS, but as a former Android user, coming back to BlackBerry was as simple as this.....the majority of the apps are pretty pointless, and not good for anything other than a laugh here and there and just end up wasting space on the device or the SD card. The cameras on all 4 HTC phones I had access to were nothing compared to even the cam on my old 8120 and 8320 BB's. Touch screen phones require constant cleaning of the screen, which was just a pain in the a$$. I wanted something comfortable with great messaging capabilities, and a camera I could count on to return good photos. And for that, the Bold 9780 was my answer.

SK122387 likes this.
    07-10-11 06:13 PM
    If you appreciate a keyboard and you don't mind the 9780 keyboard, then it shouldn't be stopping you. Unless there's an app you can't live without then move over because generally I'm in need of downloading 200K apps into my phone or have any need for very many when I have a nice browser to use. Sure the bigger screen is great for web browsing but i find using the track pad more accurate then my finger for fixing mistakes and the browser in os6 is an enjoyable experience - sometimes i do miss the column view option but the majority of the time it does zoom in correctly. In the end, I wanted a phone that didn't rely on a touchscreen to get the job done and OS6 is done up nicely to use without one.

I also find the led alert a great feature. I love that it notifies me quickly and that emails and messaging is really accessible. the music playback is pretty good too but i have a dedicated pmp for that.

if you're going to miss the games on there, there's always the playbook to tide you over (thats if the bigger devs start jumping on board). then you'll have the best both worlds

the battery life on my 9780 is fantastic and that sealed the deal for me to stay with a blackberry.
    Last edited by zensen; 07-11-11 at 07:21 AM.
    07-11-11 07:15 AM
    i'd choose a physical keyboard over touchscreen anyday! i'd go with the BlackBerry!
    blurtixx likes this.
    07-11-11 07:38 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't had a BB for a long while, 2 years about and now I'm thinking of grabbing a 9900. My new job requires and insane amount of emailing and touch screens are not ideal.
    07-13-11 09:29 PM
    Can't say how BB stacks up to iOS, but as a former Android user, coming back to BlackBerry was as simple as this.....the majority of the apps are pretty pointless, and not good for anything other than a laugh here and there and just end up wasting space on the device or the SD card. The cameras on all 4 HTC phones I had access to were nothing compared to even the cam on my old 8120 and 8320 BB's. Touch screen phones require constant cleaning of the screen, which was just a pain in the a$$. I wanted something comfortable with great messaging capabilities, and a camera I could count on to return good photos. And for that, the Bold 9780 was my answer.

I don't think anyone has summed up my feelings on Androids or even the iPhone so well. Most of my friends have Androids (Evos, Thunderbolts, etc.) or an iPhone, and while they are fun to play a game on (for what, like 5-10 minutes?) or even view a webpage, when I'm typing something, it's just impossible for me to type something without hitting the wrong letter on the virtual keyboard. The big screens are really nice, but I'd hate having to wipe that 4inch screen every few minutes, and maybe it's all the pointless apps, but the batteries on iPhones and Androids, in real life use, are horrible.

My 9780 might not have Netflix or Angry Birds, but I can text/e-mail like lightning, browse full web pages really easily, have shortcuts on the keyboard to launch bbm, the browser, etc., take really clear pictures, have great call quality (handset and speakerphone) and count on my battery to last an entire day without dying. To me, that's what's important in the phone I use everyday.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    07-16-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD