Hey guys, I have been a lover of phones for many years now, even spending rediculous sums to import phones unavailable here in the states. I have been in the blackberry family for a year and a half now, first with the curve, now with the bold, but I think I may be jumping ship to an iphone. I'm starting to look at blackberry and the os as the stable girlfriend that treats me well, but there's no spark anymore. I have conviced tons of my friends to go blackberry, but they have just been left behind by the new oses and I don't think 5.0 is going to be that huge leap forward. I'll have my bold on hand in case blackberry makes me eat my words, but it's rough. Am I the only one who'se been getting more than a little bored?
    07-30-09 07:51 AM
    Bwahahahaha. Posts like this make me laugh....

I feel sorry for any "real" girlfriend you may have...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:58 AM
    The ONLY reason I would want an iPhone would be for the apps/games. And since thats the case i would get a iPod Touch. But still havnt even bought one of those because i think they are a waste of money. Personally I wouldn't trade my bold for an iPhone + $100.
    07-30-09 08:40 AM

BURN!!

@OP
    If you feel like an iPhone is the right choice for you, then go for it. Personally, I'd rather have push email and a nicer looking browser. And I can't type on an iPhone - too used to my clickerriffic Storm.
    07-30-09 08:42 AM
    Iphone hihacks galore! Have you not read the news?

Good luck!

07-30-09 08:52 AM
    I'm not going to flame the OP. My wife just got the new iPhone 3GS a few weeks ago. It's a very cool phone. I use the BB because it's better with my push email, and I prefer to use a real QWERTY keyboard overall.

If it weren't for the email connection (my firm uses Lotus and does not yet know if it will support the iPhone), I might well join you. I'm not big into games at all, but the browser is vastly superior on the iPhone. So is the Facebook app and playback of You Tube videos. The camera (both video and still) on the new 3GS is also better. I would have to get used to the touch screen text entry, though, which I'm not sure could do. It's decidedly error prone.
    07-30-09 08:57 AM
    I say try it out if you dont like it come back to your BB. I had the iphone 3g for two months before I decided to get a BB Bold. Just had to see if the grass was greener on the other side. For me it was not. Good luck with your decision.
    07-30-09 09:12 AM

BURN!!
    Ya ya ya...so may I burn and rot in ****.

That still doesn't alter the fact that these types of thread (the "OMG, I'm bored with my phone, should I get an iPhone" types), occur almost every day here, and the same thing is said over and over again. It's old and tiresome...

Yes, the iPhone is a better media phone (no question about it).
    Yes, the iPhone may have a more WOW factor than a BB

If that's all he wants (at least until he gets bored with that one), then by all means, let him get the iPhone.

We just don't need to hear the constant "BB vs iPhone laments".

And I still stand by my comment that if he compares his phones to his girlfriend, then I really feel sorry for his girlfriend.
    07-30-09 09:27 AM
    Speaking from experience, I've jumped ship several times only to come back to the BB. Just traded an iPhone I had for a Bold yesterday and feel much better now with my Bold. The iPhone has nice apps and all, but still lacks in alot of areas.
    07-30-09 10:22 AM
    If you want to go...GO! Buh Bye!
    07-30-09 11:12 AM
    Hey guys, I have been a lover of phones for many years now, even spending rediculous sums to import phones unavailable here in the states. I have been in the blackberry family for a year and a half now, first with the curve, now with the bold, but I think I may be jumping ship to an iphone. I'm starting to look at blackberry and the os as the stable girlfriend that treats me well, but there's no spark anymore. I have conviced tons of my friends to go blackberry, but they have just been left behind by the new oses and I don't think 5.0 is going to be that huge leap forward. I'll have my bold on hand in case blackberry makes me eat my words, but it's rough. Am I the only one who'se been getting more than a little bored?
    ...don't let the leatherette battery cover door hit you on the way out of crackberry
    07-30-09 11:37 AM
    I think that you should research the Iphone, see what features it has compared to your BB, and decide which is best for you. Everybody is giving you grief over it (I do agree that the Bold is a better phone, that I would never trade mine for an Iphone, and that you will probably come back to the BB after having the Iphone for a while), but BB's aren't for everybody. I'd be really sure that you want the Iphone before you purchase it, though, or you'll end up with a really expensive phone sitting in a drawer.
    07-30-09 12:51 PM
    Once you go Black...Berry, you never go back......
    07-30-09 01:35 PM
    Am I the only one who'se been getting more than a little bored?
    No you're not alone.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bored-257478/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wha...iphone-260904/

I'm a bit bored but an iphone is not the answer for me.
    07-30-09 02:01 PM
    I'm not going to flame the OP. My wife just got the new iPhone 3GS a few weeks ago. It's a very cool phone. I use the BB because it's better with my push email, and I prefer to use a real QWERTY keyboard overall.

If it weren't for the email connection (my firm uses Lotus and does not yet know if it will support the iPhone), I might well join you. I'm not big into games at all, but the browser is vastly superior on the iPhone. So is the Facebook app and playback of You Tube videos. The camera (both video and still) on the new 3GS is also better. I would have to get used to the touch screen text entry, though, which I'm not sure could do. It's decidedly error prone.

Very well said.. my fiance has a iphone and for what it is its great...

But i couldnt give up my physical QWERTY and background apps (AIM, facebook)..

But yes, blackberrys ENTIRE lineup is getting very old in the tooth. they need a MAJOR OS overhaul.. asap. BGR or engadget? wrote a nice long article about it. No reason on this earth why a phone with 600+ MHZ should have a worse apps etc than a 400 mhz iphone
    07-30-09 03:06 PM
    if you do switch, you'll be back.

i promise.
    07-30-09 03:20 PM
    BURN!!

@OP
    If you feel like an iPhone is the right choice for you, then go for it. Personally, I'd rather have push email and a nicer looking browser. And I can't type on an iPhone - too used to my clickerriffic Storm.
    Um, the iPhone does have push email, at least if you use yahoo mail But if you have a mobile me account and use that for all your email it is far superior to BIS or even BES. And the iphone has the nicest browser on any mobile platform.

The keyboard does take some getting use to, but after a while you can type fairly quickly and accurately on it.

All that said, I recently switched from a 3G iphone to a bold. Is the bold better then the iphone, nope. And the iphone is not better then the bold. They are phones that are geared to do different things. Which one is best depends on what you want to do with it.
    07-30-09 03:42 PM
    Me? Never if I get bored I just switch BB's. I also have a iPod Touch just to soothe the iPhone cravings.
    07-30-09 05:06 PM
    Must admit I love my Blackberry, but when an iPhone is around I like to mess around with it. That being said, after about 15 minutes struggling with it, the fun is over and I resume productivity.
    07-30-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD