I have a colleague who owns a Torch, I find it too heavy and too thick. Beside, there is always the problem of the dirt and finger grease that sticks on the screen, YUCK!
    I prefer by far my 9780.
    08-08-11 06:04 AM
    I'd say wait a little longer and get the new OS-7 devices, those devices pack quite a punch and would be a better bet.
    08-08-11 06:29 AM
    It all boils down to your preference, I wanted to get the torch as well but my cousin told me that the torch's meager battery life left him disappointed.

So I got the 9780 and here I am happy as a bee during spring time, no disappointments except for the battery life. This is the first blackberry I've ever owned, I used to own a nokia X6 so I was used to doing top-ups thrice a week. Now it's 5-7 times a week or more--then again, I never used that phone much for internet browsing, emailing and IM so given the same treatment, my 9780 will probably last me 2-3 days on a single charge.

I'm a pretty heavy user, I disconnect my phone at around 6am from its charger... I'm online on Facebook 24/7, YM a few hours a day, doing 13-20 emails per day, chat on facebook and BBM the whole day, a few hours of internet browsing and the battery's still at around 30% by 7pm... PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kevin_G; 08-09-11 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Needed to elaborate duh...
    08-09-11 03:43 AM
    Today, I came to the realization that the Torch better suits my needs/preferences than the 9780 does...

Good luck. Can't go wrong either way.

I work for TMO (part time sales) and i go through phones like my wife goes through shoes.

Over the past two years, I've had the G1, BB8900, MotoCliq, BB9700, myTouch, and other phones (can't recall all of them) and I currently have the 9780 and Samsung Galaxy S4.

Have to say that the 9780 is my favorite and overall prefer BB to any other OS.

When you get your phone, post up your review/thoughts. BTW, why did you switch?
    08-10-11 07:43 AM
    Have to say that the 9780 is my favorite and overall prefer BB to any other OS.

When you get your phone, post up your review/thoughts. BTW, why did you switch?

Yeah, Blackberrys are awesome, haha.

Aiight, I'll post my review/thoughts when I get it, but it won't be for a couple months, unfortunately

08-10-11 09:33 PM
    its really damn awesome phone!!! anyway, i just bought 9780 and i am so happy about the memory after i switched device using DM. with 9700 its 88mb (with all the apps) then after i switched (not yest shrinked) to 9780 its 211 mb same number of apps (with added pre-included apps docs-to-go, yahoo messenger, google talk, youtube, Social feeds, windows live messenger, AOL messenger). so im happy for this result. also wanted to buy 9900 but yeah i will just wait for the QNX phones. good luck to your decision buddy!
    08-12-11 02:21 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD