I have the storm right now and I just can't take this piece of crap anymore. I've used the bold in stores and my mother had one for a few days last Christmas (decided she didn't want to pay the extra $30 for the internet and returned it ) and it really blows the storm out of the water. It's the coolest phone on the market, imo.

So anyway my questions are basically comparing some of the things I LIKE about the storm to the bold. First, does the Bold have the same loud speaker like the storm? On my storm, if I stream Internet music or play mp3s without headphones the speaker is really loud and clear.

Also, does the Bold come with a 8 gigs like the storm? Lastly, is GPS unlocked? I use Google Maps a lot on my storm.

thanks
    06-04-09 10:34 PM
    The speaker on the bold is amazing! The best I've ever heard on a phone. The bold doesn't come with a memory card, only the 1 gig of onboard memory. I've got a 16 gigi card in mine though! Definetly worth the investment. GPS is unlocked thru ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:39 PM
    Get the Bold...it's an amazing phone.
    06-04-09 10:49 PM
    Wife and I each have one...well, mine is on way. Discovered pandora internet radio today. Omg, its the ****. Price just went down 100 bucks too. Go for it

06-04-09 10:53 PM
    Yes go for the bold you will not be disappointed. Then hook yourself up with one of the Elycruz themes!
    06-04-09 10:55 PM
    I have a Storm and a Bold. I started on the Storm and I still really love it as a device...I recently got the Bold though because I use them for two totally different things now. I use the Storm for Games, Media, Texting, Facebook..

And I use the Bold for anything that I need massive typing on. It's really nice having the keyboard shortcuts too.. going top by hitting T and bottom by hitting B..I love WiFi as well.

If you want to keep the Storm a good way to do it is...You can buy the Bold for $199 (after mail-in rebate) and find one of those $50 off coupons online. You sign up with the $35 a month Data Only plan.. after a year that is still cheaper than paying $600 for a retail priced Tour (and you get WiFi)
    06-04-09 10:57 PM
    The Bold's speakers are just as loud and clear, if not louder and clearer than the Storm's. They are truly awesome!
    06-04-09 10:59 PM
    I had a storm and i just couldnt get with the touch screen i would go for the Bold..
    06-04-09 11:32 PM
    I had a storm and i just couldnt get with the touch screen i would go for the Bold..
    Doesn't help that it isn't a true touch screen. You touch to highlight and then push down on the whole screen like it's one big button to activate what you highlighted.

Chris
    06-04-09 11:46 PM
    GPS is unlocked thru ATT.
    What do you mean "thru ATT"? Does this mean I have to pay for AT&T's nav service monthly? I like the storm having GPS unlocked because I can use Google Maps for nav totally free.

Thanks everyone... I hate the idea of having to eat $140 to get out of my VZW contract but the idea of another year of this storm is unbearable. Has anyone ever gotten a new contract or bought a phone through letstalk.com? If you sign up for the $80 monthly plan you get the Bold for free after instant discount/MIR.

How does everyone think AT&T service actually compares to VZW? I've been a VZW customer for 5 years but a bunch of my friends, mother and sister all have AT&T and not a single one has any complaints. They all love the service.
    06-05-09 12:05 AM
    I've been an AT&T customer for almost 10 years now. Well, it was Cingular, but whatever. I've experienced nothing but excellent service. Everywhere I go I have service and it's usually 4-5 bars. My buddy has a Storm with VZW and he's constantly b*tching about it.

As for the GPS, I've been using it since day one with my Bold and I haven't paid them anything. GoogleMaps works great and I have aMaze GPS for turn by turn when I need it.

Chris
    06-05-09 12:10 AM
    Yep as mentioned, speakers are fine. Internal memory is 1GB, but expandable via a MicroSDHC to 32GB. GPS is yours to use however you want, Google Maps is a very popular app for the Bold.
    06-05-09 07:45 AM
    I have the storm right now and I just can't take this piece of crap anymore.
    lmao ^.^

go for the bold dude!
    06-05-09 11:36 AM
    1. Speakers are amazing, best i've heard.
    2. Comes with 1GB internal and 1GB card.
    3. GPS is unlocked on mine.
    06-05-09 11:41 AM
    lmao ^.^

go for the bold dude!
    The funny thing is every time I've messed around with a bold at least once I've tried to tap and press the screen. Lol thanks everyonr

06-05-09 12:03 PM
    I found my storm speaker to suck in comparison to my bold. And I know what you mean about tapping the screen rewd, I do it all the time on my bold.

06-05-09 01:47 PM
    Ditto for the speaker. I've yet to hear a phone that comes close.
    06-05-09 01:49 PM
    The funny thing is every time I've messed around with a bold at least once I've tried to tap and press the screen. Lol thanks everyonr

LOL, that's an easy thing to do with that kind of screen found on the Bold. My Dad tried to touch my uncle's Bold, I had to tell him to use the trackball. On topic: The Bold speakers are the best on a mobile phone. Period. If you like VZW, just get the data only plan a previous poster suggested. I recommend going for Bold an leaving Verizon for AT&T. GPS is unlocked on any Bold you will find. You don't have to pay AT&T to use it, you can use Google Maps or another third-party program to manipulate the GPS chip. Once again, go to the Bold, you WILL NOT regret your decision!

06-05-09 01:59 PM
    I called VZW today and asked about cancelling. My ETF is $140 but the rep notated my account so I could upgrade to any phone at a 1 year contract price if I wanted to convince me to stay. That makes me wonder if I should just stick this out and wait for the Tour. :/

The Bold is free on letstalk.com though with a new account. is that site legit? none of the others are offering it free like that. If I get the Bold for free and only have to pay $140 to term my VZW accounr thats still a damn good deal.
    06-09-09 10:00 PM
    I called VZW today and asked about cancelling. My ETF is $140 but the rep notated my account so I could upgrade to any phone at a 1 year contract price if I wanted to convince me to stay. That makes me wonder if I should just stick this out and wait for the Tour. :/

The Bold is free on letstalk.com though with a new account. is that site legit? none of the others are offering it free like that. If I get the Bold for free and only have to pay $140 to term my VZW accounr thats still a damn good deal.
    That's better than coming over with no etf... Never heard of that site though. Refurbs maybe? Still a good deal.

06-09-09 10:07 PM
    That's better than coming over with no etf... Never heard of that site though. Refurbs maybe? Still a good deal.

Not according to their site. Brand new and you only have to sign up for the $59.99 plan that's 900 minutes. With the data plan and unlimited messaging I'd pay the same as I pay now with VZW for only 450 minutes.
    06-09-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD