Well I have a Z10 But I want a qwerty keyboard. Since j can't afford the Q10 and I already have a curve 3G which I can't stand cause they keyboard is so tiny. Do you guys think the 9900 is a good substitute for the q10 and a replacement to my curve?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:35 AM
    Well I have a Z10 But I want a qwerty keyboard. Since I can't afford the Q10 and I already have a curve 3G which I can't stand cause they keyboard is so tiny. Do you guys think the 9900 is a good substitute for the q10 and a replacement to my curve?

Posted via CB10
    If you can find one at a decent price, there's nothing wrong with the 9900, as it is still a pretty nice phone, especially if you want to swap back and forth from time to time.
    06-21-13 11:48 AM
    06-21-13 12:00 PM
    Well I have a Z10 But I want a qwerty keyboard. Since j can't afford the Q10 and I already have a curve 3G which I can't stand cause they keyboard is so tiny. Do you guys think the 9900 is a good substitute for the q10 and a replacement to my curve?

Posted via CB10
    Hey lui22, I carry the 9900 and the Q. I came from the 9360 to the 9900 and loved the step up.

I carry the Bold and the Q not because the Q lacking, but because the Bold is just an awesome device and I couldn't part with it so I kept is activated when I purchased the Q.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:03 PM
    Since I can't afford the Q10 ...
    Posted via CB10
    Tmobile has the Q10 for $99 downpayment and $20/mo for 24 months. That may be viable for you.
    06-24-13 07:23 PM
    Tmobile has the Q10 for $99 downpayment and $20/mo for 24 months. That may be viable for you.
    On approved credit. I have class L and employee discount isn't that much it's still round 270 with taxes. And 11 a month

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:19 PM
    I've had a bold 9900 for 2 years now, the Dev AlphaB from last september (exchanged for a z10 in March) and a DevAlpha C since march. I cut my Sim card so it can be put in any of the phones. Despite all the new software that BB10 brings to the table, it is not enough to make me move from my Bold9900, which I think is still the best smart phone you get.

I wont bother with all the lacking in IOS and Android as theyve been done to death.

Why have i stayed with BBOS7?
    - The bold is fastastic from a form factor, build and quality point of view
    - Keyboard is unsurpassed
    - keyboard shortcuts ( BB10s quick actions is not a substitute, its simply a search feature) I want to press one button and know what will happen every time without looking
    - Track pad (touch is like finger painting, I've been using a fine pen/pencil ever since I could, why would I go back to baby tools)
    - Bold 9900 is a one handed phone, I can navigate, open, edit and basically do everything fast and comfortably with one hand. Despite BB ads, neither the Z10 or the Q10 can really be used with one handed. Always one hand to hold and one to poke. The Q10s lack of track pad (and thus the need to always move my hand away from typing position is a real negative)
    - Elegant charging stand - Dont know why BB left this off
    - True configurable sleep mode
    - Q10 Amoled screen is just too dark
    - BIS - I like its encryption and compression ability as well as the ability to manage accounts from a web portal.
    - Music - I actually think that the wifi music sync on my Bold is far superior than any other system ive tried, including iTunes and the current Blackberry link implementation.

New features on BB10
    - Gaming - meh
    - Video - meh
    - activesync - yay (although I've moved to BEScloud so its already solved on my bold)
    - Hub and peek and flow - Different from BB7 but not better, integrated message box, multi application and quick app switching at least as good on bb7 as on bb10
    - Desktop folder over the web with BBLink - yay
    - Skype - meh - would've been nice a few years ago, but current unlimited calling plans make skype calling largely useless for me.
    - 4g - More than I need ( I dont game or stream) all my apps work fine with 1mbps wireless link.

I think BB10 is a good business decision for Blackberry, It is a superior OS to IOS and android, the apps will quickly be comparable and any one who is a full touch screen user will find lots to like with the Z10 and be impressed by the undeniable superior workflow and messaging on BB10 versus IOS and android.

The Q10 is a good phone, but it does not compare to my Bold 9900 for what I need it to do. I can see that new software features may some day over come the current defeciencies in the Q10. But until then I will keep my 9900 and if it needs to be replaced, get another 9900
    06-26-13 07:24 AM
    I've had a bold 9900 for 2 years now, the Dev AlphaB from last september (exchanged for a z10 in March) and a DevAlpha C since march. I cut my Sim card so it can be put in any of the phones. Despite all the new software that BB10 brings to the table, it is not enough to make me move from my Bold9900, which I think is still the best smart phone you get.

I wont bother with all the lacking in IOS and Android as theyve been done to death.

Why have i stayed with BBOS7?
    - The bold is fastastic from a form factor, build and quality point of view
    - Keyboard is unsurpassed
    - keyboard shortcuts ( BB10s quick actions is not a substitute, its simply a search feature) I want to press one button and know what will happen every time without looking
    - Track pad (touch is like finger painting, I've been using a fine pen/pencil ever since I could, why would I go back to baby tools)
    - Bold 9900 is a one handed phone, I can navigate, open, edit and basically do everything fast and comfortably with one hand. Despite BB ads, neither the Z10 or the Q10 can really be used with one handed. Always one hand to hold and one to poke. The Q10s lack of track pad (and thus the need to always move my hand away from typing position is a real negative)
    - Elegant charging stand - Dont know why BB left this off
    - True configurable sleep mode
    - Q10 Amoled screen is just too dark
    - BIS - I like its encryption and compression ability as well as the ability to manage accounts from a web portal.
    - Music - I actually think that the wifi music sync on my Bold is far superior than any other system ive tried, including iTunes and the current Blackberry link implementation.

New features on BB10
    - Gaming - meh
    - Video - meh
    - activesync - yay (although I've moved to BEScloud so its already solved on my bold)
    - Hub and peek and flow - Different from BB7 but not better, integrated message box, multi application and quick app switching at least as good on bb7 as on bb10
    - Desktop folder over the web with BBLink - yay
    - Skype - meh - would've been nice a few years ago, but current unlimited calling plans make skype calling largely useless for me.
    - 4g - More than I need ( I dont game or stream) all my apps work fine with 1mbps wireless link.

I think BB10 is a good business decision for Blackberry, It is a superior OS to IOS and android, the apps will quickly be comparable and any one who is a full touch screen user will find lots to like with the Z10 and be impressed by the undeniable superior workflow and messaging on BB10 versus IOS and android.

The Q10 is a good phone, but it does not compare to my Bold 9900 for what I need it to do. I can see that new software features may some day over come the current defeciencies in the Q10. But until then I will keep my 9900 and if it needs to be replaced, get another 9900
    If only there was someone local that would sell me theirs or trade me for my iPhone. I have a curve 3G and every once and I while I put my Sim card in and start using it. It love the track pad. I can point at something in the browser and not cover it up!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 01:24 PM
    If only there was someone local that would sell me theirs or trade me for my iPhone. I have a curve 3G and every once and I while I put my Sim card in and start using it. It love the track pad. I can point at something in the browser and not cover it up!

Posted via CB10
    I've seen people that would do trades on Craigslist. My daughter has done it a couple of times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 11:50 PM
    my 9900 is the best BB ive had ... the keyboard is just plain sensational ... the Q10 hasn't been released in Aus yet so i cant compare it but i do have a Z10 and despite BB10 being excellent my 9900 whips it for business use
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-28-13 01:42 AM
    I've seen people that would do trades on Craigslist. My daughter has done it a couple of times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    I gotta be patient then. The thing is tmobile won't sell them new anymore and I can't buy one from a customer if they wanna trade it in.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:52 PM
    Just buy one from eBay. Now that the Q10 is out, they're selling for $200 used, $300 new. Just a couple months ago that was $300 used, $450 new.
    06-30-13 03:18 AM
    I bought one 8-weeks ago on eBay for GBP170- manufacturer refurbished. It wasn't, it was brand spanking new. BB must be offloading stock as refurbished so as not to hurt high retail prices that the carriers are still charging. I've no regrets, it's an excellent phone, especially after three Android phones. Would not go back to touchscreen for messaging!
    07-09-13 09:04 AM
    Hey Armd02 - what was the name of the seller on that one? Cheers!!
    07-14-13 05:13 PM
    I bought one 8-weeks ago on eBay for GBP170- manufacturer refurbished. It wasn't, it was brand spanking new. BB must be offloading stock as refurbished so as not to hurt high retail prices that the carriers are still charging. I've no regrets, it's an excellent phone, especially after three Android phones. Would not go back to touchscreen for messaging!
    Do you know what the name of the seller is?
    07-14-13 05:53 PM
    Hi, the seller was: The Phone Outlet.
    Stephen Brennan likes this.
    07-14-13 08:46 PM
    Hi, see above, The Phone Outlet.
    07-14-13 08:46 PM
    Exactly my words, too.

Money Soldiers
    Helping you fight your financial battles
    07-23-13 11:31 PM