Ahww!! How crooked is it jaydee5799? Is it really that bad that you are frustrated about it?
    So what you gonna do??
    02-27-12 06:31 PM
    OMG! Not the crooked track pad issue again! Yikes!
    Mine looks crooked to me but holy cow! Too funny!!! People have been complaining about crooked track pads for two years! And yes, mine was made in Mexico!!!! LMAO!!!!
    LOL the reason why people complain because most of us are not rich to pay for a phone that is marketed as "high end" with low quality control. I rarely see a hardware defect on iPhone and even I see one, I can send the customer to an Apple store which they will replace for free without carrier involvement.

With the current market of cellphones, RIM can't afford to charge me over $500 for a phone with off-centered touch pads when I can get a different with 10 MP camera and quality hardware for 2/3 of the price.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-27-12 at 07:45 PM.
    02-27-12 07:38 PM
    Gotcha. I agree there is a quality control issue here. Just too funny that with a new model the same old crooked track pad threads are popping up. Makes me wanna pass a carton of milk out my nose! Geez RIM. Get People who can measure to install those tps.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 07:54 PM
    Gotcha. I agree there is a quality control issue here. Just too funny that with a new model the same old crooked track pad threads are popping up. Makes me wanna pass a carton of milk out my nose! Geez RIM. Get People who can measure to install those tps.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    LOL.... RIM is in the process of closing down their plants in Mexico and moving them to a South American company. Funny how Apple Inc manage to keep the QC under control in China with the aid of Foxconn and Samsung.
    02-27-12 08:59 PM
    There is a huge difference between RIM and Apple. Apple has physical stores and they actually support/service the device no matter who sells it. If RIM actually had a store where you could buy stuff, and with staff outnumbering the customers at any given moment, I am sure they would be in a different position now. The little off-set is bothersome and it is collecting debris/dust there. I have 4-5 more days with Verizon. I will use it as my daily Blackberry and see if it gets any worse, then I might even get rid of my Verizon account and then try again another time, because I am pretty sure the overlay will get worse over time, and after a month or so Verizon won't care about the problems.. Unless we pay for "insurance" plan.
    02-27-12 09:45 PM
    I disagree with 17...

Blackberries SUCK BALLS with A2DP and bluetooth connections to my car. Actually...every car I've tried it with.

Audio that skips, speeds up and slows down?

Half the time the phone may say it is connected but it will not stream audio nor will it send or receive calls.

Guess what that requires? Not a restart of the car...a restart of a phone. Which on a blackberry is painful.

And guess what - all these problems don't exist on the iPhones and Androids I've used over the years.

Only the Blackberries.
    02-27-12 10:39 PM
    you want to get a "perfectly" made 9900 ? or any blackberries for that matter ?
    i give you all some advice.

go to a store where they keep a lot of new stock for blackberry
    ask before you made any payment, for the seller to agree to exchange it on the spot if theres some build quality issues, like crocked trackpad, misaligned bezel, raised menu key, yellow and blue screen, etc.

if the you've open up about 10 boxes of blackberries but havent found one that is perfect yet, chance are you will never get 1
    so just for get it and take which ever that have less imperfection and live with it.

i know it's sucks , but thats what i did.

seriouslly, i;ve been using mobile phone since i don't now what year.
    and i've never seen a company that have bad quality control like RIM does!

even my huawei US$ 90 android touch screen phone have better build quality than this US$ 500 9900 of mine!

im not talking about the materials used, I'm talking about the fit and finish.
    02-27-12 11:53 PM
    I don't know where you live but nobody in New York city let you rip boxes open and try phones one by one until you find the right one.. One or two, maybe, but after 3rd one, he will ask that pick one or leave.. When you rip that little sticker on the bottom of the box, they will not be able to sell it as brand new.
    02-27-12 11:59 PM
    In Canada you can at some Bell and Virgin retailers since the boxes are shipped with extra seals. I opened 6 in a row to find a good one.
    02-29-12 01:25 AM
    Thanks.

When I first got my 9930, the space bar was a little creaky. A couple weeks in, the creakiness seems to come and go. Looking at #9, hopefully it stops altogether. It seems like it has at this very moment though, lol.
    02-29-12 12:57 PM
    Never had any hardware issues with my 9900 at all. Software, maybe a few, but they're fixed now. Except the menu key not working in the Messages section, which is likely a new bug.
    02-29-12 03:05 PM
    Seems to be mostly a horrific quality issue with the keyboard. The rest of the hardware seems good.
    02-29-12 04:09 PM
    I've notices that I have this issue with my 9900 when I happen to be using it outside. The problem is that my cursor starts to go crazy, normally it just moves upward all on its own. Don't want to sound stupid, but could the wind cause this or maybe the sunlight?? Does anybody have the same issue?? Again I only notice this when I'm using my device outside.
    03-04-12 04:04 PM
    4. My phone's optical pad doesn't work well when I am outside
    Cause: UV light in the sun rays

Solution: NONE. This is NOT a problem with your phone, this is normal. The sensor under the optical pad picks up UV light and it will malfunction. This is NOT a problem because RIM never said that you can use your phone in direct sunlight.
    This cannot be normal. My Bold 9650 NEVER had issues outside in the sun. My 9930 however... is insane. The second I pull it out the holster, the trackpad will hyper scroll downwards. So, I have to use one thumb to cover the trackpad, and use the touchscreen to scroll... such a pain. I say it's a faulty trackpad. I'll be taking my phone into the Sprint store soon to see if they can repair, and I'll post my outcome.
    07-10-12 11:43 AM
    This cannot be normal. My Bold 9650 NEVER had issues outside in the sun. My 9930 however... is insane. The second I pull it out the holster, the trackpad will hyper scroll downwards. So, I have to use one thumb to cover the trackpad, and use the touchscreen to scroll... such a pain. I say it's a faulty trackpad. I'll be taking my phone into the Sprint store soon to see if they can repair, and I'll post my outcome.
    I think you shouldtake it in for repair. I've never had this problem with my 9930 and I use it outside all the time. Keep us posted.
    07-10-12 11:08 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to reply all to a group text instead of just the original sender? And also explain why I get the replies from a group text as individual messages?
    07-11-12 05:32 PM
    i got 9900 when do the software get stuck on jvm can some one plz help
    07-11-12 06:01 PM
    I think that the trackpad should work in sunlight. I had this problem and I had my phone replaced. The problem stopped with the new trackpad.
    07-23-12 11:45 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to reply all to a group text instead of just the original sender? And also explain why I get the replies from a group text as individual messages?
    Hit "Reply All" when you are going to send the message to make it a group MMS. I find it very nice that RIM gives you the option to make it a group MMS or not unlike other smartphones *cough* iPhone *cough*
    07-23-12 11:47 AM
    LOL.... RIM is in the process of closing down their plants in Mexico and moving them to a South American company. Funny how Apple Inc manage to keep the QC under control in China with the aid of Foxconn and Samsung.

Are you kidding me?

I've had the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S. Been through like four of the 4, and 3 of the 4S. Apple QC in China? Nope. I had a few iPhones that had the front and back glass seperating from the metal frame, straight out of the box. Brand spanking new. Had them turn it around at the apple store and go get me another one. Opened it up, and the glue was still smeared on some of the plastic cornering. =\. Genius just shrugged at me, and said, "you can just rub it off". Which is true, and I did...and I enjoyed it while it lasted before I bought my 9930.

I got my bold 9930, and it's got it's problems, biggest one being the touchpad moving on its own...drives me nutts when trying to type and it moves itself and im typing somewhere else in the body of the e-mail, but no matter what company...Apple or RIM, QC is never gonna be 100 percent.
    09-18-12 05:04 AM
    i cannot answer my blackberry whenever someone is calling. the buttons do not work so i cannot unlock my phone cause the buttons not working.(9930)
    06-30-13 01:27 PM
171 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD