If this were true my son's 9360s would behave the same as my Bold 9900 in direct sunlight and they don't. The "RIM never said that you can use your phone in direct sunlight" is pretty lame excuse. It appears to be a manufacturer defect otherwise it would do it with all optical trackpads on all phones, which doesn't seem to be the case.
    The people work in the mobile industry in Canada said this... in fact, when RIM was questioned about this in a press conference, RIM avoided commenting on it. In other words, they know there is an issue with direct sunlight interference. RIM never ever respond to questions from the press with respect to sunlight. That's a very good indication that there is a problem.
    11-05-11 04:10 PM
    The people work in the mobile industry in Canada said this... in fact, when RIM was questioned about this in a press conference, RIM avoided commenting on it. In other words, they know there is an issue with direct sunlight interference. RIM never ever respond to questions from the press with respect to sunlight. That's a very good indication that there is a problem.
    People would be dumping these phones left and right if that were the case. And again, if it were an issue with the technology, all phones, if working correct, would show the same issue. The fact that two base model 9360 phones don't behave identically in the same light tells me this is a Bold hardware or software defect.
    11-05-11 07:25 PM
    People would be dumping these phones left and right if that were the case. And again, if it were an issue with the technology, all phones, if working correct, would show the same issue. The fact that two base model 9360 phones don't behave identically in the same light tells me this is a Bold hardware or software defect.
    FWIW, my 9900 functions perfectly fine in any light condition - direct, indirect, natural or otherwise. But, my buttons are flush, nothing squeeks, sound is fine, et al. Maybe it's not a bold hardware/software issue. Maybe it's "your" bold hardware/software issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 08:12 PM
    My trackpad squeaked for the first month. It's all good now.
    11-06-11 12:00 AM
    11-06-11 05:16 PM
    FWIW, my 9900 functions perfectly fine in any light condition - direct, indirect, natural or otherwise. But, my buttons are flush, nothing squeeks, sound is fine, et al. Maybe it's not a bold hardware/software issue. Maybe it's "your" bold hardware/software issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I know this. Tested with my wife's 9900 yesterday and it works fine in the same sunlight, and mine goes ape $h!t. Going to get it replaced because it is obviously not how the device is supposed to function. The fact that people are telling people that it is normal is the part that I have issue with.
    11-07-11 06:43 AM
    Whats the deal with the holster? Mine came with my phone and I use it costantly. Can it cause damage to the phone?
    11-07-11 06:59 AM
    Whats the deal with the holster? Mine came with my phone and I use it costantly. Can it cause damage to the phone?
    Take the holster and squeeze from wide sides while the phone is not in there. This will loosen up a bit... No, it should not cause a problem, but for some 9900 users, the holster when used right out of the box have caused damage to their screen and keyboard.

I received returned at my work place due to keys falling off thanks to the holster being too tight. This is like 1% of the entire 9900 users anyway, but it is there.... Squeeze the holster several times to loosen up.
    11-07-11 07:35 AM
    I don't know if someone already posted these information, but just in case;

1. My back button suddenly turn into App Switcher:
    Cause: The OEM holster is too tight and when you insert the phone in there, it touches the screen and ALT+CAPS keys causing the back button to turn itself in to app switcher.
    I keep on having this problem and it is very frustrating. I stretched out the case and it hasn't made a difference. In addition, I can't replicate how to make the back button into an app switcher.
    11-07-11 05:52 PM
    what do you consider as light BLEEDS out the connectors?

i have to look real hard to spot a small light on the bottom where the so called plastic for the usb dock is located
    01-16-12 03:08 PM
    Also the battery drops 8% whithin 30mins of being @ 100%. Cause is the OS, supposedly the OS 7.1 release fixes this issue. If it's really bugging you switch back to the original build and deal with the constant freezing.
    mssca likes this.
    01-21-12 02:43 PM
    what do you consider as light BLEEDS out the connectors?

i have to look real hard to spot a small light on the bottom where the so called plastic for the usb dock is located
    If the light can be seen through the connectors in the dark, I think it is a defect because I don't see light bleeding from the connection ports. I work at a store that sells mobile phones and none of our Bold 9900 bleeds light from connector ports.
    01-22-12 09:58 AM
    Hey guys I thought I should update my recent post here concerning the battery...it was a defective unit. There may possibly still be a bug with the .585 build I have seen amazing battery life with the bold that I got today as a replacement for the one that I got 2 weeks ago. So if you guys are having serious battery issues, try getting an exchange on your phone if you've recently purchased it and the battery is draining really fast. Other than that I would say that the phone is frikkin amazing.
    01-27-12 10:44 PM
    Hey guys, im from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and i bought a blackberry 9900. I think the device is good but i have some doubts thats annoying me, i hope you can help:

1- In the battery compartment, the base of the battery connectors are kind crooked, bent, i dont know. And when i squeeze the connector to put the battery they make a strange noise, like an old door that needs lub oil. Is that normal? This can compromise the battery and the device?

2- I scratched the plate at the bottom of the phone. This can affect the perform of the charger pod?

3- Since i upload the OS to 7.0 2435, my battery is discharging faster than before the upgrade. Everybody is having this problem? There is any solution?

4- The "W" "E" and "R" keys are making a strange noise when i click them, different than the other keys (they're side by side if you go check). My keyboard maybe broken inside?

5- The light is bleeding between the USB port and headphone port. I notice that a lot of people here is complaining about that here, but my only fear is that brazilian moisture breaks the screen. What your opinion about that?

I am attaching photos for you to see some of my doubts.
    Thank you very much for the attention and sorry for any possible grammatical mistake!
    01-30-12 03:30 PM
    Besides Mexico, where else are 9930's made in?
    danielcj likes this.
    02-26-12 12:39 AM
    Just want to update about the "light leak" between the USB and earphone port.
    I only found that in fews black 9900 (both made in hungary and made in mexico ver.) In about 100s of black 9900 that are sold on my store, only about 5 pieces have that.
    But the white 9900 have different rates.
    Almost all whiter 9900 that are sold in my store have that light leakacge problem
    Innitially I thought that because all of white 9900 are made in mexico, which (believe it or not, have more rates of "problem" based on those were sold in my store)
    But yesterday we receive new batch of white 9900 made in hungary, and we've sold quite a few of them and all of them have the light leakacge problem.
    So I assume this is "normal" for white 9900
    And also I noticed that the trackpad is straight and perfectlly positioned on white 9900, on black 9900 almost all have misaligned trackpad.
    02-26-12 06:17 AM
    Just want to update about the "light leak" between the USB and earphone port.
    I only found that in fews black 9900 (both made in hungary and made in mexico ver.) In about 100s of black 9900 that are sold on my store, only about 5 pieces have that.
    But the white 9900 have different rates.
    Almost all whiter 9900 that are sold in my store have that light leakacge problem
    Innitially I thought that because all of white 9900 are made in mexico, which (believe it or not, have more rates of "problem" based on those were sold in my store)
    But yesterday we receive new batch of white 9900 made in hungary, and we've sold quite a few of them and all of them have the light leakacge problem.
    So I assume this is "normal" for white 9900
    And also I noticed that the trackpad is straight and perfectlly positioned on white 9900, on black 9900 almost all have misaligned trackpad.
    But the most of the white 9900 have loose battery door cover, the black one in the other hand are almost have no issues in this department.

By the way just a word of advice, for those who owns, or gonna buy a white 9900, becarefull with the bottom plate, the white bottom plate discolour very easilly, some of my customer already complaining about this, their bottom plate turning colour to brownish pink. Within few days of normal usage. The good solution for this is to put some kind of screen protector over there.
    Here in my store, we sell a screen protector for 9900 that also comes with the bottom plate protectors.
    02-26-12 06:21 AM
    One more Issue -- Bold 9900 device no longer recognizes SD card. Have tried all the batter pulls; reloading operating system etc. SD card works in computer but not seen by 9900. Have reformatted it on computer; since phone cannot see it; can't be formatted there. All previous hack posts to fix for this issue previously are now deleted or not working with this build. Any new ideas please.
    02-26-12 11:10 AM
    One more Issue -- Bold 9900 device no longer recognizes SD card. Have tried all the batter pulls; reloading operating system etc. SD card works in computer but not seen by 9900. Have reformatted it on computer; since phone cannot see it; can't be formatted there. All previous hack posts to fix for this issue previously are now deleted or not working with this build. Any new ideas please.

Try a different card.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 06:30 AM
    Besides Mexico, where else are 9930's made in?
    Hungary and some units in addition to engineering units were made in Canada. But, those Canadian full version (not the engineering unit) units were hard to find.

Hungary is in the second place next to Mexico in terms of number of units produced as far as I know.
    02-27-12 08:09 AM
    How do I re-send service books?
    02-27-12 08:58 AM
    This was the very first thing I noticed after getting my new device. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, but I noticed that it was misaligned right away. It works and functions perfectly, but it's just not quite straight.
    02-27-12 02:27 PM
    Just got my 9930 and the plastic piece that overlays the four buttons and goes around the trackpad is raised slightly, so my finger gets stuck when I scroll up and down. I can slightly push on the plastic and I can see that it moves further in.

When you buy a phone from authorized retailer, can you exchange it in corporate store?
    02-27-12 03:12 PM
    Just received mine and the top layers of the menu buttons are raised! It catches my finger print whenever I scroll up and down. Very uncomfortable feeling..

The problem is the authorized dealer does not carry this in store, so if I need to return, they will have to receive this and re-order new one to be shipped directly to me.
    02-27-12 04:11 PM
    OMG! Not the crooked track pad issue again! Yikes!
    Mine looks crooked to me but holy cow! Too funny!!! People have been complaining about crooked track pads for two years! And yes, mine was made in Mexico!!!! LMAO!!!!
    02-27-12 06:27 PM
171 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD