I just noticed one side of the plastic charger area is sticking out, my call button is below the screen, and the bezel on the volume side isnt flush with the back. Do you think I should keep it?
    09-15-11 04:01 PM
    just replaced my first device... first one had a sqeeky trackpad and the right side of the bezel was razor sharp
    I have the exact same two issues. Will be changing it soon.
    09-15-11 05:05 PM
    For those of you having BB App World problems did you refresh your App World by hitting Alt R Alt S Alt T?

I had the same problems but after the refresh everything worked fine for me.
    09-15-11 05:36 PM
    just replaced my second device...

phone was randomly typing "nmmmmm" and randomly the trackpad and keypad would stop responding but the touch screen would work (wiped, reloeded, forced reload and nothing worked)

while driving to replace the device I noticed the "nmmmm"would happen whenever I put an little bit of pressure on the sides it would imput "nmmmm" and the trackpad/keyboard would completely stop working. (and by pressure I mean basically holding firm)

should have know when I got the device since the bottom piece under the keyboard was a bit raised.

basically the metal bezel is to tight
    09-15-11 10:18 PM
    On my 2nd device after 1st was defective, it kept shutting off after 10-20 seconds.

1st device uploaded address book to bluetooth without a hitch, replacement device will only allow 4 contacts to upload from address book and stops!

This is VERY annoying because I am a sales rep and need the bluetooth. Sprint has no answer and cannot find a way to contact RIM about this issue either.

I have tried it all! From battery pulls, re-paring devices, resetting bluetooth to factory settings, etc... no answer in sight until they decided to release a new OS.

I suppose I could replace this device too, but I'll probably end up with another lemon anyway. Guess I'll just deal with it?
    09-16-11 10:46 AM
    I love my Bold 9930...... I had to return the first 2 for cosmetic reasons. Keyboard was not flush and on the second one the touch screen was also raised. I spent 500 dollars on this phone so I want to make sure its perfect. The third one I received was perfect...... So I guess 3 times is a charm...... But I absolutely love this phone...... Although I must be honest and say that I did look at the new Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic from Sprint.......I just cant get use to Android!!!!!!!!! Call me crazy!!!!!!
    09-16-11 11:51 AM
    Man, after a month I have still got blackberry protect/app world login issues. I've ben waiting for RIM to come out with something and i've tried all the fixes on the forums but still no love.

What do you guys recommend I do? wipe my 9900 and start again??

if so how do I go about doing it safely.

Thanks....
    Who is your service provider? On Telus Bold 9900 you may be able to fix issues by turning off your Bold and log in to BB Protect from the web and log out. Now you turn on the phone and without entering BB Protect delete the app (may be delete the app before turn off). Re-download BB Protect and log back in. Try this before you wipe.
    09-16-11 01:10 PM
    mss-ca, where is the app located? I have never downloaded it, it just appeared after a few days on my new 9900. I didn't have any problems for the first 3/4 days after I bought the phone but now I keep on getting the bb protect notification in my mailbox and when I try to verify my bb id it says " unable to login in to your Blackberry ID Account.

It does exactly the same when I try and enter app world I can login in to everything just fine online.
    App World has one also you can directly download it from site. But like you said, if you do not have acess to App World, I would just keep the app just to be safe and do the log in and log out thing. Also try loading the newest verion of OS (delete the vendor file before load) and see if that fix things for you. I have no idea what's going on either.
    09-16-11 03:14 PM
    have anyone had my issue, the top part of my screen near the led indicator, if you press it using your finger it makes this clicking noise, the clicking sound still noticeable even if i press near the ear piece, I can't really see the screen pressed down but the sound is noticeable. Anyone has a solution?
    09-16-11 04:20 PM
    I have one made in Mexico, on Sprint network. There is light bleeding around the usb port, but it is only a little and I can only see it if I am in the dark (can't see at all in normal lighting conditions). Is that bad? Should I send it back while I am still in the trial period? I have 2 days left to decide...
    09-16-11 05:24 PM
    have anyone had my issue, the top part of my screen near the led indicator, if you press it using your finger it makes this clicking noise, the clicking sound still noticeable even if i press near the ear piece, I can't really see the screen pressed down but the sound is noticeable. Anyone has a solution?
    This is a known manufacturing defect and please replace it asap.
    09-16-11 05:34 PM
    I have one made in Mexico, on Sprint network. There is light bleeding around the usb port, but it is only a little and I can only see it if I am in the dark (can't see at all in normal lighting conditions). Is that bad? Should I send it back while I am still in the trial period? I have 2 days left to decide...
    I returned my first phone for the same reason. My first Bold 9900 had light bleeding from the bottom plate and I returned it for a new one. Mine also Made in Mexico 4 and at BestBuy Mobile, where I work, I see a lot of Mexican built ones coming back for replacement.

Please change your phone asap and hope this info helps you.
    Bacabachaui likes this.
    09-16-11 05:36 PM
    When you try to unlock it ,it doesn't use the old "MEP2" but uses alt-"MEPE" .
    Is there a difference? =/ I was wondering about this when I thought my phone was locked & couldn't get it to work.. Wondering whether I needed to hold the Caps key or something to make that button a '2' rather than an 'E' the second time I pressed it..
    09-16-11 05:54 PM
    So I'm going to exchange my phone for the first time because a part of the bezel is not flush and same with the charging pod area. It took a while for me to decide if I should exchange it or not worrying I might get something worse. I suppose also because 1 button is lower than the screen on the button panel. I didn't realize it was a lot of work and time as I have to ship everything back to them and call them and have them ship me a new one. Is that the right process? I won't be shipping it until Monday though and probably wont receive a new one until 1 week later. What would you do in my situation? Exchange or keep?
    Last edited by e-Andy; 09-16-11 at 09:29 PM.
    09-16-11 08:59 PM
    I've read through all the problems and I have one not yet mentioned ... my screen "jitters" when I'm scrolling down or up (using the trackpad not the touch screen folks) at first it was just one or two areas like Appworld and in a few emails now its shakes/jitters on anything I am scrolling through. My trackpad also squeaks (never had this problem on any of my previous BB's) I've tried to ignore it and work through it but that squeak sounds like a dried out old straw basket ! Lately the scrolling ability seems to be freezing along with the trackpad refusing to work. On a device that cost my $672 tax included that is a bit too much for me to accept. I am taking it back today for another exchange.
    09-17-11 01:26 PM
    So I'm going to exchange my phone for the first time because a part of the bezel is not flush and same with the charging pod area. It took a while for me to decide if I should exchange it or not worrying I might get something worse. I suppose also because 1 button is lower than the screen on the button panel. I didn't realize it was a lot of work and time as I have to ship everything back to them and call them and have them ship me a new one. Is that the right process? I won't be shipping it until Monday though and probably wont receive a new one until 1 week later. What would you do in my situation? Exchange or keep?
    Shouldn't they ship you a replacement along with a postage included shipping bag to return your defective phone in? That way you won't be without service that you are paying them for .....
    09-17-11 01:35 PM
    typical BB quality, no surprises here. something RIM needs to fix or at least try and do better at!!!
    09-17-11 01:45 PM
    Excellent! I found the answer to my problem with the #1 tip! I was getting very frustrated as my back button constantly turns into the switch applications feature. Thanks for the tip!
    09-17-11 02:16 PM
    Thanks for this great post..
    About unlocking, using the MEP2 works for some devices, just need to hold the ALT key while typing.
    Anyway, when a new sim card inserted it will ask you to enter the unlock code after turning on the device.
    09-17-11 05:26 PM
    btw the "made in mexico 4" thing... is pretty out there to say "replace it" id say 98% of the 9900's are made in mexico 4 and not exclusive to any provider.

im on my 4th now ffs.... not including the couple 9900's i have at work

#1 the metal bezel was razor sharpe and the pad was sunk in. (mexico)
    #2 kept randomly inputting "nmmmm".... figured out it was the bezel being to tight (if you put a little pressure on the side it would replicate the issue) and the bottom lip was raised (hungary)
    #3 the trackpad didnt work at all out of the box (mexico)
    #4 works/looks flawless (mexico)

all the 9900's (6 - 10 devices) used at work are from mexico as well and none of them have any issues.

oh as well I to mention... I noticed there seems to be a minor color difference between providers (no idea why) all from the same plants, all using same os version (provide A has a richer color and provider B has a brighter look. (neither are bad just... different)
    09-18-11 01:08 AM
    my trackpad is perfectly raised, but its crooked and it squeaks when pressed made in mexico 5
    should i exchange it ?

09-18-11 02:18 PM
    Lots of great info in this sticky. All of this Mexico phone talk has me wondering what the odds of finding a canada phone is. I might try requesting one when I go to buy mine.
    09-18-11 05:29 PM
    The second replacement I got had very dull screen colors, especially the blues, so I got a third one and this one is perfect. This is still an awesome bb, I love it.
    09-18-11 09:59 PM
    my trackpad is perfectly raised, but its crooked and it squeaks when pressed made in mexico 5
    should i exchange it ?

It is up to you because I had far worst Bold 9900 with light bleeding from the bottom plate to double typing the some keys. If the pad is not coming out or making wired sounds when you click on it, I would just keep it rather than exchange it to one that is far lower quality than the one you have right now.

But it is all up to you. If you can find one that is made in Canada or so, I will exchange it to that one for sure.
    09-18-11 10:11 PM
    I've read through all the problems and I have one not yet mentioned ... my screen "jitters" when I'm scrolling down or up (using the trackpad not the touch screen folks) at first it was just one or two areas like Appworld and in a few emails now its shakes/jitters on anything I am scrolling through. My trackpad also squeaks (never had this problem on any of my previous BB's) I've tried to ignore it and work through it but that squeak sounds like a dried out old straw basket ! Lately the scrolling ability seems to be freezing along with the trackpad refusing to work. On a device that cost my $672 tax included that is a bit too much for me to accept. I am taking it back today for another exchange.
    My 9930 is doing this, with the trackpad. It just quits working. I lose the highlighted part, which shows the icon that you have highlighted. Battery pull fixes it temporarily, but within 5 minutes, it's gone again. Cannot figure out why or how this is happening. Loaded a different OS today, thinking it might be that, but it is still there. Trackpad works to click, but you simply cannot scroll, since there is nothing to scroll. I messed with all of the settings to no avail. Went back to the Verizon store today, the rep does a battery pull, and of course, it works. Does a *228 call also, since it constantly dropped to 1X. On the way home, sure enough, it disappears again.

I am not so sure that they will exchange it, as they think it is just the OS, since it is so new. Might bite the bullet and just return it within the 14 days and get a 9650. I don't have the time or the patience to mess with this. Big step down, but I know that the phone is solid, and will perform flawlessly.
    09-18-11 10:21 PM
171 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD