Great work mss-ca. Stuck the thread for ya
    09-12-11 08:52 PM
    thanks mss-ca for all the infos..but how can i know where is my bold is made from? is anything been coded in?
    09-12-11 09:13 PM
    ^^^ check on your side of your box it will tell u on there
    09-12-11 09:49 PM
    Mizz, really? My Sprint 9930 came with an 8gb class4 card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I purchased my 9930 through sprint and there was not a card included at all, let alone a 8gb card. Did you purchase online or through a retail store?
    09-12-11 09:59 PM
    My Bold 9900 On Rogers came with a 4 GB chip, same chip as my Bold 9780 had.
    09-12-11 10:28 PM
    Hated that darn OEM Holster, it always ended up pushing buttons and starting apps, hence the battery drain issue reported by people using this holster. I'm glad I got my hard shell in the mail today.
    09-12-11 10:30 PM
    Not that big of a problem...but the only issue I've found on mine is that when typing in dialog boxes (like the one we write these comments in) in the Blackberry browser...when using the backspace key, it doesn't delete characters but rather just scrolls backwards from where the cursor is. Wtf is that?
    09-12-11 10:59 PM
    Not that big of a problem...but the only issue I've found on mine is that when typing in dialog boxes (like the one we write these comments in) in the Blackberry browser...when using the backspace key, it doesn't delete characters but rather just scrolls backwards from where the cursor is. Wtf is that?
    YES!! Me too! so f'n annoying I thought maybe it's a setting that can be changed but I found nothing
    09-12-11 11:53 PM
    I use my 9900, as i did my 9700 and all the Blackberrys before it as my bedside clock on my night stand. i have found a New Issue. When i plug in my 9900 it goes to bedside mode just as it should AND the clock remains on just as it should, BUT when i use the "B" short cut OR the back button to exit bedside mode i can do some other task on my phone, when i return to the clock and use the "B" short cut to re-enter bedside mode the clock will only remain on for a short time then the screen backlight turns off. The solution is simple, i just unplug the phone, exit bedside mode, the plug it back in. The 9900 automatically goes to bedside mode just as it should and the backlight remains on the rest of the night.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does anyone know of a more permanent solution or setting that needs to be selected?
    09-13-11 12:05 AM
    Well, I just had 1 issue on the hardware side, and that concerned the microphone. It gave off a terrible racket, so I couldn't use it for phonecalls. Video recording also was affected, sounded like a lot of wind in the mike. When connected to bluetooth in my car or using a headset, there was no problem, so that indicated a hardware problem with the phone's own microphone. A quick exchange at the store and it has been working fine. The only other thing is the battery life, which I find disappointing. Using two charging pods (1 in my office, 1 in the kitchen) and a car-charger (my new Brodit holder should be installed in 2 weeks or so), I will probably make do, but it is un-Blackberry-like....
    09-13-11 04:56 AM
    Updated to 353, and now I don't have text under the icons indicating what apps is the icon.
    09-13-11 06:39 AM
    My "accept" button has a different "feeling" when pressed than the reject button. Is that the same to you? The accept ones is like more "touchy" while the reject "clicks" more as a button, similar to the rest of the keyboard

09-13-11 09:02 AM
    My handsfree Bluetooth set OR the car GPS/entertainment system can answer calls, but cannot play music
    Cause: Bluetooth device is NOT A2DP compatible.

Solution: Buy one that is compatible

I just learned this thanks to user, big samm at: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eted-649510/#5
    09-13-11 02:07 PM
    It should be flush. Not higher or lower. I've seen about 20 now and I don't think I've seen it with the panel lower. It is usually higher than the screen. I guess if there is a big gap or bothering you then return it. Most of the variation isn't ordinarily noticeable.

With regards to the trackpad/call/call end buttons panel not being flush with the screen issue. My panel is rised slightly above the screen so when I move my finger down the screen to the trackpad, I can feel a slight sharpness (nothing I can't deal with but it does get annoying).

If I take apart my 9900 and try realigning it somehow myself do you think that might work??

09-13-11 05:44 PM
    Mexico 5 ... ordered my return label. I will be waiting for it to be available again
    09-13-11 09:18 PM
    Got my T-mobile 9900 on September 2nd by the 4th i noticed that every text entry field would say nmnmmnmnmnmnmnmnmnm etc. you get the point. at first i thought that it was the holster hitting the keypad as i took it out the holster wrong the holster i purchased isnt tight i ordered the 9000 oem holster to prevent this and i have been using it since day 1 im using os .353 as of now but its been doing this before the software update. mexico 4 smh im a T-mobile employee so have to do a post exchange within the 14 day buyers remorse period so i have to wait till the 16th smh.
    09-14-11 12:09 AM
    My "accept" button has a different "feeling" when pressed than the reject button. Is that the same to you? The accept ones is like more "touchy" while the reject "clicks" more as a button, similar to the rest of the keyboard

is yours like that?
    09-14-11 10:16 AM
    Two issues.

1) When I open the camera, screen pops up correctly, I'm looking at what I want to take a picture of...but I can't actually take the photo. The on screen button nor the trackpad will allow me to take a photo, no matter how many times I press it. Batt pull fixes it, but by that time, the photo op has likely passed.

2) Go to use speed dial, press and hold the key, and the phone does not recognize that it's supposed to be a speed dial. Opens up the default search function for W (if I press 1 to call VM) or E if I press 2, etc. Batt pull fixes it.
    09-14-11 12:01 PM
    Got my T-mobile 9900 on September 2nd by the 4th i noticed that every text entry field would say nmnmmnmnmnmnmnmnmnm etc. you get the point. at first i thought that it was the holster hitting the keypad as i took it out the holster wrong the holster i purchased isnt tight i ordered the 9000 oem holster to prevent this and i have been using it since day 1 im using os .353 as of now but its been doing this before the software update. mexico 4 smh im a T-mobile employee so have to do a post exchange within the 14 day buyers remorse period so i have to wait till the 16th smh.
    yeah everytime my phones screen times out a press unlock and "nmmmm" is in a search

just replaced my first device... first one had a sqeeky trackpad and the right side of the bezel was razor sharp
    09-14-11 03:24 PM
    i have switched devices from BB Bold 9780 to new BB Bold 9900

and i have several problems with my Bold 9900

1- When i click on "My World" icon in the "BlackBerry AppWorld" it is stuck at "Please Wait", and i can't sign in my BlackBerry App World ID

2- When i go to Email Accounts Setup then Internet Mail Account, i got this message: "The email setup application is temporarily unavailable, Try again later."

3- While writing an SMS, it doesn't show 160 character limits

4- When i go to "BlackBerry ID" in Device Option, i get this message: "Unable to retrive your BlackBerry ID account information

5- Blackberry Protect does not work on my handset, it says "Your handset is not supported"

My worst fear when I opened the phone's box came true, its made in Mexico I have come across a few other people who are facing the same problem with new 9900. 7.0.0.261
    09-14-11 03:42 PM
    turn your wifi on and then try and log into you bb ID
    09-14-11 03:46 PM
    i have switched devices from BB Bold 9780 to new BB Bold 9900

and i have several problems with my Bold 9900

1- When i click on "My World" icon in the "BlackBerry AppWorld" it is stuck at "Please Wait", and i can't sign in my BlackBerry App World ID

2- When i go to Email Accounts Setup then Internet Mail Account, i got this message: "The email setup application is temporarily unavailable, Try again later."

3- While writing an SMS, it doesn't show 160 character limits

4- When i go to "BlackBerry ID" in Device Option, i get this message: "Unable to retrive your BlackBerry ID account information

5- Blackberry Protect does not work on my handset, it says "Your handset is not supported"

My worst fear when I opened the phone's box came true, its made in Mexico I have come across a few other people who are facing the same problem with new 9900. 7.0.0.261
    With the Blackberry ID issue, you should try log in to Blackberry App World on your computer first and log out. Now turn on the phone and try log back in? This worked for one of my friends.
    09-14-11 07:14 PM
    smsbhai, when you get close to the 160 character limit in SMS there should be a small popup saying you have x chars left or how many of the 6 sections you're in.

I won a 9900 from the BB7 Fan Night contest. Right out of the box I noticed that the trackpad was faulty, about 95% of the time it won't properly scroll from side to side (up and down are fine) which is infuriating when typing (especially when trying to access special characters or letters with accent marks!) I work at night and sleep days for the most part so it's not the known sunlight issue.

Because I received the phone while out saving NYC from Hurricane Irene (sarcasm) I couldn't set it up for a few days but when I finally did it almost immediately went into a white screen of death which was unrecoverable without a fresh reinstall. Luckily nothing serious was lost. 2 weeks later it happened again and I lost a few days of numbers notes and txts.

Apparently Blackberry Protect does absolutely nothing for me. I'd noticed this problem when my 9000 died and i got a 9800 a month before the 9900... the 9800 crashed and none of it's daily backups or manual ones were there. This has continued with my 9900. ive reached out to RIM but haven't gotten anything back yet except a useless DM from the @BlackBerryHelp account on Twitter.

Finally my 9900 has been taking upwards of 15 and 20 minutes to reboot, going about 3/4 of the way across the screen and stopping under the E in "BlackBerry"for extensive periods of time... I clocked it at just under 16 minutes earlier today. I suspect this is an app issue but I'm sick of this handset.

Luckily the RIM people were nice enough to send me a replacement which should be up and running in an hour or so =-)

When this phone is running well it's amazing but it's also been a huge pain in the ***.

Now if only I could get AT&T visual voice mail on here already =-)
    -bill
    09-14-11 07:39 PM
    my bb9900 (os 7.0.0.353) sometimes freeze..
    09-14-11 11:19 PM
    I got one for squeaky pads and buttons.

I took a Q tip , dip it in some oil ( olive in my case) and soak it between the trackpad/buttons until it seeps throug the pads . Then wipe it chean

No more annoying squeaks..
    09-15-11 05:14 AM
171 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD