Where is the Wikitude browser?

It is NOT pre-loaded on most 9900/9930s and it must be downloaded from the App World once you get your phone. It is NOT considered as a core application by RIM.
    09-12-11 08:46 AM
    I have several icons like Yahoo messenger, Zoompass and Bellnews reappearing after I hide them. Is this a glitch or something Bell does on purpose?
    09-12-11 09:57 AM
    issues from my 9900 rogers device are the following:

1. top left hand corner pressing down on the screen makes a clicking noise.

2. shaking the phone sounds like theres a rattle inside.

3. lock botton doesn't work sometimes after pressing down screen would go dark then turn on automatically.

4. lock botton pressed down will lock the screen but keep the back light on but lock the screens touch screen.

5. raised call-end panel due to mine being made in mexico.

6. trackpad is sitting crooked.

7. os bugs from doing a full batter pull my loading bar would go 3/4 way then stop would have to keep battery pulling till it would finally go all the way then turns on my phone.

8. blackberry protect not working on my phone says my device doesn't support it.

thats all for now can't wait to swap this one out with my new one!
    09-12-11 10:26 AM
    My metal frame and back casing are not flush...like they are on the side without buttons. Has anyone else experienced this?
    09-12-11 10:35 AM
    My 9900 is from Mexico and everything seems fine to my liking.
    MousePad likes this.
    09-12-11 10:36 AM
    issues from my 9900 rogers device are the following:

1. top left hand corner pressing down on the screen makes a clicking noise.

2. shaking the phone sounds like theres a rattle inside.

3. lock botton doesn't work sometimes after pressing down screen would go dark then turn on automatically.

4. lock botton pressed down will lock the screen but keep the back light on but lock the screens touch screen.

5. raised call-end panel due to mine being made in mexico.

6. trackpad is sitting crooked.

7. os bugs from doing a full batter pull my loading bar would go 3/4 way then stop would have to keep battery pulling till it would finally go all the way then turns on my phone.

8. blackberry protect not working on my phone says my device doesn't support it.

thats all for now can't wait to swap this one out with my new one!
    You got the craziest lemon ever!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nabatron likes this.
    09-12-11 10:40 AM
    Same thing here... Mexico 4 from Telus... Only "issue" I have with mine is the panel is a little lower than the screen... Does not affect performance or usability of the phone...

I sure hope most ppl who buy the phone don't experience problems with it...
    09-12-11 10:46 AM
    Bugs found:

1. LED stopped working - Battery resolves the problem

2. Metal Case and front bottom right won't fit rightly. You feel a sharp edge

3. Battery draining to fast: 1,5 hour phone call lowers battery about 35%
    -> not really a bug, but it is a problem for me really

4. Touchpad and Screen no space between it. So mostly i touch both and this causes unwanted commands on screen.

5. Touchpad is not right build into the device.
    09-12-11 10:50 AM
    I don't know if someone already posted these information, but just in case;

1. My back button suddenly turn into App Switcher:
    Cause: The OEM holster is too tight and when you insert the phone in there, it touches the screen and ALT+CAPS keys causing the back button to turn itself in to app switcher.

Solution: Hit the lock button at the top twice OR click ALT and CAPS 2 times to get out of it OR stop using the OEM holster OR lock the phone before putting the phone in there.

2. After using the OEM holster now my phone has a raised V, B, alt, M (or other) keys OR my optical pad is now raised for no reason.
    Cause: RIM's OEM holster is too tight

Solution: If you had your keys pop up or even fallen off completely, exchange it ASAP. LOL But if not, squeeze the OEM holster from the wide sides several times, while the phone is not in there to loosen up the "tightness".

3. My phone has small marks (like hairline thin type) on the back door.
    Cause: agian! OEM holster
    Solution: exchange the phone

4. My phone's optical pad doesn't work well when I am outside
    Cause: UV light in the sun rays

Solution: NONE. This is NOT a problem with your phone, this is normal. The sensor under the optical pad picks up UV light and it will malfunction. This is NOT a problem because RIM never said that you can use your phone in direct sunlight.

5. My phone freeze out of nowhere
    Cause: Apps that your service provider may have added to the phone.

Solution: Delete them and make sure that they are not running in the background.

6. How come I don't have that 700+ MB of free space for apps?
    Well, the simple answer is that you don't because the 768 MB is shared with other things like your OS files. Some new apps store information either on your SD card OR on your phone's 8GB of internal memory. But the app itself has to be install on your ~180 MB of free space. This space may varied depend on your service provider's OS and other factors like expanding of OS in general use. You can delete some of the useless apps the phone came with.

7. My battery won't last long
    Cause: apps or OS

Solution: re-send your service books, delete apps you don't use and do a battery pull or a soft reboot by holding down ALT+CAPS+DEL

8. Light bleeds from the bottom plate, at the USB connector or on the top lock button
    Cause: MADE IN Mexico 4/5 and most likely Telus Mobility unit

Solution: Return it asap and if you can find a phone that is NOT Mexico made, go for it!

9. Some of my keys makes a wired sound when I click on them.
    NO, this is NOT a hardware issue. It takes time for the keyboard layer under the physical buttons to adjust. Over period of use, the buttons when click on them, it should sounds the same. Give it a three months or so....

10. My optical pad (touch pad) is raised right out of box.
    Cause: Made in Mexico 4/5
    Solution: Return it or exchange it

11. I can't find installed apps on my App World 3.0
    Click on the Blackberry button while you are in the My World section and hit Refresh and it should bring up all your apps install and uninstall.

12. I see a fait red light on my LED indicator at night and even sometimes at day time
    This is NOT a problem with your phone. That is a sensor that RIM put it in and it is normal.

13. How the **** I didn't get a mirco-SD card with this phone!
    Because your service provider say so! Come on stop whining about it!

14. When I pull out my SD card it got stuck!
    DO NOT take out your SD card while the battery is in there. I don't have to say much, it's all in here: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...battery-insert

15. My Telus Bold 9900 sometimes come up with "SIM card error"
    This is a known issue on Telus H+ network. They are working on it and you may call Telus for help. My Telus rep said, this is a MAJOR issue and they have priority on fixing it. Hang on to your phone till they find a fix.

16. I have issues with log in or creating an App World account
    This is an issue with RIM's Blackberry ID system. I have no idea what's going on because my RIM rep didn't even reply to my emails. Read crackberry.com I guess for more information?

16. What should I look for when I get my phone?
    -The light is not bleeding from anywhere on the sides of the phone. Specially look around the bottom plate and the USB connection port and the top lock/unlock button

-The back door has no hairline thin lines that is out of the ordinary glass-fiber lines

-The optical pad is not raised or the top layers of the buttons are not raised
    -If you are on Telus Canada and the phone is Made in Mexico 4/5, spend at least an hour (LOL) looking for hardware defects at the store before you walk out.

-Take the OEM holster out and forced the holster inward by squeeze the OEM holster from the wide sides several times, while the phone is not in there (read point number 2). It would be great if you can avoid using that holster anyway. RIM dropped the ball on this for sure.

I hope this helps and please feel free to add problems and solutions you guys have to this tread. Some of the items are only for Canadian users because I work part time at a Canadian mobile store and all my college friends are Canadians LOL

Mine won't turn back on! Any solution to that?? Thanks!
    09-12-11 10:56 AM
    Charge your phone?
    09-12-11 11:06 AM
    TMobile customers don't have UMA yet. I'm told that the old UMA is gone and being replaced with a wifi calling app from Kineto Wireless. Similar to the Wifi calling app on some Android phones.

The good news is that reliability is said to be greater, but this new solution drops hot handoff. No more handoff between Wifi and cell or visa versa.

TMobile should have the Kineto app out by early November.
    09-12-11 11:12 AM
    Mizz, really? My Sprint 9930 came with an 8gb class4 card.

Nope sure didn't! No card at all and when I contacted them they told me it wasn't suppose to but gave me a credit to get a micro sd, which I planned on picking up today... hmmm that's strange. Wonder why I didn't have one in my box :-(
    09-12-11 11:36 AM
    do you have a solution for my blackberry 9900 randomly rebooting issue?
    09-12-11 11:38 AM
    Having major sync issues with my 9930 / Desktop Software for Mac / iTunes music. As well as the Home Wifi sync. It's just strange and doesn't work well. Can't even describe how it doesn't work, it's pathetic if they expect people to want to use their BB as their music player.
    09-12-11 11:52 AM
    I posted my issue before, but never got any response. When I forward my messages to another person, I can no longer delete this message. The only way to remove it is to connect it to my desktop manager. Very strange. I think it may be a OS7 bug.
    09-12-11 11:54 AM
    I posted my issue before, but never got any response. When I forward my messages to another person, I can no longer delete this message. The only way to remove it is to connect it to my desktop manager. Very strange. I think it may be a OS7 bug.
    Do you have view sent emails setting on? Maybe its turned off and so you don't see sent emails in your message box for you to delete.
    09-12-11 11:58 AM
    Are any Rogers 9900s made elsewhere other than Mexico?
    09-12-11 01:01 PM
    Wtf I haven't had any of these weird issues, except for the battery issues which I can live with

09-12-11 02:27 PM
    Podcat app - I've noticed that the episodes that have downloaded onto my device don't show up under the corresponding podcast title. It displays No Podcats when you click onto the podcasts screen. But on the podcast home screen it says 94 episodes for Crackberry$$com's podcast. It does show up under podcast downloads. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks!

09-12-11 02:32 PM
    9. Some of my keys makes a wired sound when I click on them.
    NO, this is NOT a hardware issue. It takes time for the keyboard layer under the physical buttons to adjust. Over period of use, the buttons when click on them, it should sounds the same. Give it a three months or so....

- I was really worried about some of the keys on my Bold 9900 it doesn't sound and feel like some of the other keys but its working fine. I have only had my phone from rogers for 3 weeks and I was wondering if I need to send it back for warranty. Thanks for posting this information it really helps a lot of users.

Cheers
    09-12-11 03:16 PM
    Ok, people, don't be that perfectionist for God's sake!. I don't think that because of minimal problems of hardware such as a 1 mm raised button or whatever causes that the phone is a bad device. This IS NOT fault of Mexicans and not only them make faulty devices ok! Parts of the phone built in mexico are made majorly by the same of any other country machines and assembled by people, so there is mistakes and everything. It'd be rather fault of RIM's quality-control that approves them. And yes I have a Canada-made BlackBerry and is equally (if not worse) well-built phone as of any other country phone. There is no perfect device.
    09-12-11 03:49 PM
    Ok, people, don't be that perfectionist for God's sake!. I don't think that because of minimal problems of hardware such as a 1 mm raised button or whatever causes that the phone is a bad device. This IS NOT fault of Mexicans and not only them make faulty devices ok! Parts of the phone built in mexico are made majorly by the same of any other country machines and assembled by people, so there is mistakes and everything. It'd be rather fault of RIM's quality-control that approves them. And yes I have a Canada-made BlackBerry and is equally (if not worse) well-built phone as of any other country phone. There is no perfect device.
    I agree with you, BUT my parents are not even Canadian-born citizens, but my dad always check labels and buys Canadian made products. It hurts when Canadian companies outsource every thing to other countries plus with lower quality.

I am not saying it is a Mexican or Chinese problem. But I think this is a huge issue in all manufacturing across developing countries. Most Blackberry units that either failed or had defects are mostly from Mexico. Too bad no one publish data on this matter, but I am sure RIM knows this very well. RIM is shutting down several plants in Mexico in the next few years.
    09-12-11 05:56 PM
    Did you do a battery pull? Also try connecting to a computer with desktop manager.

If nothing works use BBSK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to wipe the device and reload the newest OS or the OS for your service provider.

If you are not comfortable with doing a wipe, send the phone back to the service provider for an exchange.
    09-12-11 05:59 PM
    I suddenly saw the screen on my 9900 flicker, I did a battery pull and then its working fine. My friend has the same issue and he tried a few battery pulls and that does not seem to solve the problem. Any ideas or solutions will be appreciated
    Thanks
    09-12-11 07:22 PM
    holy**** i didn't expect this many issues with a device like this but i guess the first iPhone and first storms had issues as well...

oh and another thing i forgot to add was when i had to do a battery pull do to my touch screen being really laggy when i used it well it would load 3/4 way then stop loading but after a few battery pulls it started to load and my screen went white and a message saying there was a loading error and i had to go to blackberry.com/102 to download some "software" so i hooked it up to my mac downloaded it and well it rebooted my whole phone back to stock form minus all my pre-loaded apps got deleted.
    09-12-11 08:01 PM
171 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD