I don't know if someone already posted these information, but just in case;

1. My back button suddenly turn into App Switcher:
    Cause: The OEM holster is too tight and when you insert the phone in there, it touches the screen and ALT+CAPS keys causing the back button to turn itself in to app switcher.

Solution: Hit the lock button at the top twice OR click ALT and CAPS 2 times to get out of it OR stop using the OEM holster OR lock the phone before putting the phone in there.

2. After using the OEM holster now my phone has a raised V, B, alt, M (or other) keys OR my optical pad is now raised for no reason.
    Cause: RIM's OEM holster is too tight

Solution: If you had your keys pop up or even fallen off completely, exchange it ASAP. LOL But if not, squeeze the OEM holster from the wide sides several times, while the phone is not in there to loosen up the "tightness".

3. My phone has small marks (like hairline thin type) on the back door.
    Cause: agian! OEM holster
    Solution: exchange the phone

4. My phone's optical pad doesn't work well when I am outside
    Cause: UV light in the sun rays

Solution: NONE. This is NOT a problem with your phone, this is normal. The sensor under the optical pad picks up UV light and it will malfunction. This is NOT a problem because RIM never said that you can use your phone in direct sunlight.

5. My phone freeze out of nowhere
    Cause: Apps that your service provider may have added to the phone.

Solution: Delete them and make sure that they are not running in the background.

6. How come I don't have that 700+ MB of free space for apps?
    Well, the simple answer is that you don't because the 768 MB is shared with other things like your OS files. Some new apps store information either on your SD card OR on your phone's 8GB of internal memory. But the app itself has to be install on your ~180 MB of free space. This space may varied depend on your service provider's OS and other factors like expanding of OS in general use. You can delete some of the useless apps the phone came with.

7. My battery won't last long
    Cause: apps or OS

Solution: re-send your service books, delete apps you don't use and do a battery pull or a soft reboot by holding down ALT+CAPS+DEL

8. Light bleeds from the bottom plate, at the USB connector or on the top lock button
    Cause: MADE IN Mexico 4/5 and most likely Telus Mobility unit

Solution: Return it asap and if you can find a phone that is NOT Mexico made, go for it!

9. Some of my keys makes a wired sound when I click on them.
    NO, this is NOT a hardware issue. It takes time for the keyboard layer under the physical buttons to adjust. Over period of use, the buttons when click on them, it should sounds the same. Give it a three months or so....

10. My optical pad (touch pad) is raised right out of box.
    Cause: Made in Mexico 4/5
    Solution: Return it or exchange it

11. I can't find installed apps on my App World 3.0
    Click on the Blackberry button while you are in the My World section and hit Refresh and it should bring up all your apps install and uninstall.

12. I see a fait red light on my LED indicator at night and even sometimes at day time
    This is NOT a problem with your phone. That is a sensor that RIM put it in and it is normal.

13. How the **** I didn't get a mirco-SD card with this phone!
    Because your service provider say so! Come on stop whining about it!

14. When I pull out my SD card it got stuck!
    DO NOT take out your SD card while the battery is in there. I don't have to say much, it's all in here: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...battery-insert

15. My Telus Bold 9900 sometimes come up with "SIM card error"
    This is a known issue on Telus H+ network. They are working on it and you may call Telus for help. My Telus rep said, this is a MAJOR issue and they have priority on fixing it. Hang on to your phone till they find a fix.

16. I have issues with log in or creating an App World account
    This is an issue with RIM's Blackberry ID system. I have no idea what's going on because my RIM rep didn't even reply to my emails. Read crackberry.com I guess for more information?

16. What should I look for when I get my phone?
    -The light is not bleeding from anywhere on the sides of the phone. Specially look around the bottom plate and the USB connection port and the top lock/unlock button

-The back door has no hairline thin lines that is out of the ordinary glass-fiber lines

-The optical pad is not raised or the top layers of the buttons are not raised
    -If you are on Telus Canada and the phone is Made in Mexico 4/5, spend at least an hour (LOL) looking for hardware defects at the store before you walk out.

-Take the OEM holster out and forced the holster inward by squeeze the OEM holster from the wide sides several times, while the phone is not in there (read point number 2). It would be great if you can avoid using that holster anyway. RIM dropped the ball on this for sure.

NEW!!!
    17. My handsfree Bluetooth set OR the car GPS/entertainment system can answer calls, but cannot play music
    Cause: Bluetooth device is NOT A2DP compatible.

Solution: Buy one that is compatible and make sure it reads A2DP compatible OR Advanced Audio Distribution Profile compatible. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eted-649510/#5

18. I can't find wifi-hotspot or NFC, how can I get it?
    You can't just get it. Your service provider has to update the OS plus push the service books in order for the these two features to work. MOST 9900s and 9930s already comes with NFC in the OS with service books pushed for it.

Most people don't have the wifi hotspot is not there because your service provider (aka carrier) has to push the service books + the OS needs to be updated on MOST new Bold 9900 in order for it to work. Some service providers will charge you extra for enabling this feature.

Having said that, all new Bolds come with the wifi and NFC antenna built in to the device itself. (You don't have to add anything physical to the phone, aka not an additional add-on)

19. How come my dog don't go near the USB charger? OR I hear a faint sound from the charger sometimes
    This is normal for the new USB charger. It generates a high pitch noise during operations and even when it is just plugged in and not charging the phone. YES, it doesn't warm up a bit, but if it is too warm (warm enough to burn your skin for example) then it is defective. It get hot, but not red hot.

20. JVM Error 102 on my BlackBerry and it won't boot up? End up with a white screen!
    Cause: java .cod file crash

Solution: Read: http://crackberry.com/help-jvm-error...olution-wiping

21. Infamous battery issues
    Cause:Often it is the OS build or apps you use. It is better if you do not have auto refresh or auto updates on apps.

Solution: First of all, this is not year 2090 where you MAY be able to get nuclear batteries on phones. However, with new OS 7.1 leaks the battery has improved significantly. Check here for new leaks: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-beta-os-f95/ Depend on how you use apps and features on the phone, the battery life may be shorten. For example, Facebook auto feed update is somewhat useless because if you get a message it will be pushed to your phone and feeds can update when you open the app to read it. Poor reception is another issue and most of the time choosing 2G in areas with poor reception compared to 3G/4G/H+ will save your battery.

NOTE: If you have a software error and you want to do something about it, try a battery pull OR ALT+caps(aA)+del for soft reboot.

I hope this helps and please feel free to add problems and solutions you guys have to this tread. Some of the items are only for Canadian users because I work part time at a Canadian mobile store and all my college friends are Canadians LOL
    Last edited by mss-ca; 01-22-12 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Added more data, NEW items are updated.
    09-10-11 12:07 PM
    Good post. Lol at #13. I didn't know that the phone didn't come with a SD Card. I had misread the box and contacted Sprint. She corrected me and said that the unit didn't come with one and I was okay with it because I do have a memory card somewhere in my tech box, but she gave me a credit to purchase one. I guess a lot of people are upset about that.
    09-10-11 12:18 PM
    One more thing, wifi hotspot is not there because your service provider (aka carrier) has to push the service books + the OS needs to be updated on MOST new Bold 9900 in order for it to work.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-11-11 at 09:24 AM.
    09-10-11 12:40 PM
    Mizz, really? My Sprint 9930 came with an 8gb class4 card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 12:41 PM
    When you try to unlock it ,it doesn't use the old "MEP2" but uses alt-"MEPE" .
    09-10-11 01:31 PM
    One more thing, wifi hotspot is not there because your service provider (aka carrier) has to push the service books + the OS needs to be updated on MOST new Bold 9900 in order for it to work.

wait, are you saying wifi hotspot is available for the 9900 with a firmware update?
    09-10-11 01:55 PM
    as for the optical pad or buttons, what is considered "raised" ?

looking at the surface of the phone from the side, all the edges of the keyboard keys are about a half mm - 1 mm from the surface of the phone but they're all consistent and evenly placed so it doesn't look out of the ordinary to me.
    09-10-11 02:01 PM
    wait, are you saying wifi hotspot is available for the 9900 with a firmware update?
    Yes... The antenna and the chip set for the wifi system is already in the phone. We just need a service provider to update the OS and push service books in order for it to work.

Bell Canada already said they will push it as soon as the OS update is finalized.
    09-10-11 02:05 PM
    Ahh. I knew the hardware supported it and it would be possible with a firmware update, but I hadn't heard yet that there was a firmware update in the works to bring this feature.
    09-10-11 02:07 PM
    as for the optical pad or buttons, what is considered "raised" ?

looking at the surface of the phone from the side, all the edges of the keyboard keys are about a half mm - 1 mm from the surface of the phone but they're all consistent and evenly placed so it doesn't look out of the ordinary to me.
    Ok... well... even on my Bold 9900 the optical pad is bit raised. That is normal. What I mean by raised, if the optical pad is too much raised out, it is a defect. Many Mexico 4/5 units from Telus had this issue where optical pad is raised so much to the point that when you work with your touch screen, it bothers many people.

If you see the aluminum looking circular outer part of the optical pad raised, then you need to exchange your phone. But if the pad itself is bit raised, it is not a defect. This is kind of hard to explain without images and I don't have access to a faulty one right now.
    09-10-11 02:09 PM
    Ahh. I knew the hardware supported it and it would be possible with a firmware update, but I hadn't heard yet that there was a firmware update in the works to bring this feature.
    I work part time at BestBuy Mobile and I have an email from Bell Canada and plus on Bell Canada website for Bold 9900 About - Bell Mobility - BlackBerry� Bold had once posted it will be updated.

No, due to company policies I cannot post the email here. I will get fired. Sorry.
    09-10-11 02:12 PM
    I gotcha =) I know exactly what you mean because that's how mine is. Hooray I don't have a ****ty one! lol. It's a Mexico 4 from Rogers in Winnipeg, so not all the Mexico ones can be bad. Though I'm pretty certain the usb to a/c adapter is fauly. The thing had something rattling inside of it at first (doesn't anymore) and gets REALLY HOT when plugged in.
    09-10-11 02:13 PM
    I work part time at BestBuy Mobile and I have an email from Bell Canada and plus on Bell Canada website for Bold 9900 About - Bell Mobility - BlackBerry� Bold had once posted it will be updated.

No, due to company policies I cannot post the email here. I will get fired. Sorry.
    no worries. Happy to hear the feature may be coming It only makes sense.
    09-10-11 02:14 PM
    I gotcha =) I know exactly what you mean because that's how mine is. Hooray I don't have a ****ty one! lol. It's a Mexico 4 from Rogers in Winnipeg, so not all the Mexico ones can be bad. Though I'm pretty certain the usb to a/c adapter is fauly. The thing had something rattling inside of it at first (doesn't anymore) and gets REALLY HOT when plugged in.
    That is normal. The new USB chargers even make sound that only certain people will hear because of the frequency. My parents dog do not even go near my new charger because of that sound and some people said they can actually hear it too. I don't hear anything. Yes, it gets warm.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-11-11 at 09:25 AM.
    09-10-11 02:23 PM
    A lot of the Rogers Mexico 4 builds have a trackpad that is off centre in the hole that it sits in.

Also, watch for the raised call-end panel being too much higher than the screen. it should be flush or almost flush i.e. you shouldn't feel a sharp edge to it when you run your finger down to the trackpad from the screen.
    mssca likes this.
    09-10-11 02:24 PM
    A lot of the Rogers Mexico 4 builds have a trackpad that is off centre in the hole that it sits in.

Also, watch for the raised call-end panel being too much higher than the screen. it should be flush or almost flush i.e. you shouldn't feel a sharp edge to it when you run your finger down to the trackpad from the screen.
    The call end and the call take panels are lower than the screen itself right? So, if I run UP my finger, I feel the sharp edge on the screen? Or is this defective too?

Here in Calgary BestBuy Mobile, 5/10 all issues came out of Telus Made in Mexico 4 or 5 units. Rogers with Made in Mexico had about 2/10 issues or so.
    09-10-11 02:30 PM
    It should be flush. Not higher or lower. I've seen about 20 now and I don't think I've seen it with the panel lower. It is usually higher than the screen. I guess if there is a big gap or bothering you then return it. Most of the variation isn't ordinarily noticeable.

09-10-11 03:10 PM
    That is normal. The new USB chargers even make sound that only certain people will hear because of the frequency. My parents dog do not even go near my new charger because of that sound and some people said they can actually hear it too. I don't hear anything. Yes, it gets warm.
    In my opinion, they shouldn't get as hot as mine does. and any noise emitted should be minimal at most. For what's supposed to be a quality product, I think they did skimp in a few areas, the adapter being one of them. I've never experienced this with any of my Apple adapters.

I am one of the people that hears the noise this thing gives off and it was unexpected at first but I knew exactly what it was because I have experienced it with other cheap adapters / battery chargers in the past.
    09-10-11 07:34 PM
    I asked Verizon to activate it and they would for an extra $20/mo for the hotspot feature. Problem was I would have to give up my $15 data plan and get the $30 data, plus pay $20 for the hotspot.
    09-10-11 10:10 PM
    I think it might be worth adding the facility to review battery use within 'application management' as it helps address the battery issue.
    Also the current lack of UMA facilities might be worth adding.
    Thanks
    Bob

09-11-11 01:07 AM
    If you guys add more data to this list, it would be great if you BOLD the issue so that someone who is going through this thread can quickly spot the issue/problem. I went back and bolded some of my stuff that was not bold before.

THANK YOU.
    poloandpearls likes this.
    09-11-11 09:27 AM
    my screen goes black after i make a call but not when i put it up to my head. it happens almost immediately. i tried all the call settings and device settings and to no avail. anyone else have this issue?
    09-11-11 09:29 AM

Mine is like that. and the bb menu button doesn't click good, its real soft and short. Know of any fix?
    09-11-11 01:59 PM
    Also check for a half lit up keyboard, and check to see if it reads memory card. The previous one that I had had a squeaky track pad, half lit keyboard, battery hogger, and wouldn't read the microsd...
    09-11-11 02:01 PM
    yeah, i hear it on mine!!!! the first time i heard it i got so spooked! lol
    09-11-11 02:56 PM
171 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD